Steelcase

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Interview Details – Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.

Interview Question – I was not asked any technical questions   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Couple of weeks later, I got a call from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview was conducted by 2 people (HR and the team member) and lasted for about 30-40 min. Questions were mostly related to past experience and school work along with a few behavioral questions. Pretty straight forward. A week later I received the offer letter. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Steelcase?
What do you expect from this internship?
  Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a very standard interview that consisted of behavioral questions, questions about experience, and questions about future plans. I was interviewed with two other people, and they both seemed very friendly and welcoming. One of these people was from the HR Department and another was from the IT department. I was asked for an interview within a couple of days after submitting my application, and the interview was located on my college's campus.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steelcase

Worked for Steelcase? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steelcase IT Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Steelcase employees and interview candidates.