Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Steelcase
- IT Intern (3)
- Materials Management (2)
- Supply Chain Analyst (2)
- Sales (2)
- Product Marketing Specialist (2)
- Project Coordinator (2)
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Strategic Account Manager (2)
- Applications Engineer (1)
- Associate Applications Engineer (1)
- Procurement (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Product Marketing (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- 3D Modeler (1)
- Senior Product Marketing Specialist (1)
- Systems Analyst/Developer (1)
- Health and Safety Engineer (1)
- Sales, Marketing (1)
- Work Place Consultant (1)
- Dealer Sales Representative (1)
- Data Analytics (1)
- New Business Consultant (1)
- Area Healthcare Manager (1)
- Specials Engineering Quoting (1)
- Human Resources Intern (1)
- Indirect Procurement (1)
- Product Data Analyst (1)
- Senior Marketing Specialist (1)
- Design Research (1)
IT Intern Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.
Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position. I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience. I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.
- I was not asked any technical questions Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Steelcase
IT Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2012.
Applied online. Couple of weeks later, I got a call from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview was conducted by 2 people (HR and the team member) and lasted for about 30-40 min. Questions were mostly related to past experience and school work along with a few behavioral questions. Pretty straight forward. A week later I received the offer letter. Overall a pleasant experience.
- Why do you want to work for Steelcase? What do you expect from this internship? Answer Question
IT Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.
The interview was a very standard interview that consisted of behavioral questions, questions about experience, and questions about future plans. I was interviewed with two other people, and they both seemed very friendly and welcoming. One of these people was from the HR Department and another was from the IT department. I was asked for an interview within a couple of days after submitting my application, and the interview was located on my college's campus.