Steelcase

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Interview Details – Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.

Interview Question – I was not asked any technical questions   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Couple of weeks later, I got a call from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview was conducted by 2 people (HR and the team member) and lasted for about 30-40 min. Questions were mostly related to past experience and school work along with a few behavioral questions. Pretty straight forward. A week later I received the offer letter. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Steelcase?
What do you expect from this internship?
  Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a very standard interview that consisted of behavioral questions, questions about experience, and questions about future plans. I was interviewed with two other people, and they both seemed very friendly and welcoming. One of these people was from the HR Department and another was from the IT department. I was asked for an interview within a couple of days after submitting my application, and the interview was located on my college's campus.

Interview Questions

Worked for Steelcase? Contribute to the Community!