Steelcase Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2014

3.1

Product Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2014.

Two phone interviews then on site interview. The first interview was screening. The second one was not that different. The third one which is the on site one was more intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about time you had conflict with your group member?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase in February 2010.

Traditional needs based review. The company examined past experience and associated skill sets for open position. The company is really focused on identifying a great fit and preserving their culture.

Straight forward.

Communication Coordinator Interview

Met with HR rep first, then a second time with the hiring manager. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were not related to the job description. I think they were looking for a way out of the interview (see most unexpected question)

Interview Questions
    • An illegal question regarding my marriage status was asked.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase in April 2010.

Took me 4 interviews and about 8 weeks to get hired. They use the star interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an ethical dilemma you faced and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    It was a fair offer so no negotiation.

Materials Management Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Steelcase.

Hiring/Interview process is very professional .

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Phone interview -> Onsite interview with operations leaders -> Onsite interview with

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was like filling out an application, the first onsite was typical questions and very relaxed, the second onsite was very laid back and they asked me whatever they felt like. All three were very conversational   Answer Question
    Still in this phase

IT Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Received an email from their outside recruiter that based on my credentials, they felt I would be a good fit for this company. Contacted the recruiter to set up preliminary phone interview.
    Interviewer showed no energy. She was in fact late for our appointment. Asked the normal run of robotic questions.

Interview Questions
    • The no-no question was asked. What year did you graduate college?   View Answer

Design Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2012.

I met the person who would be my boss at a coffee shop near my home. He described the research project and asked me how I would go about creating a protocol to complete it. I asked him how familiar he was with the methods of design research, and then detailed the steps involved. I was offered a contract the next day over the phone, then met in person one week later to sign documents.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you would conduct this research project from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase.

Went through 2 rounds of interviews with the local team. Great process - simple with friendly people.

NA

Worked for Steelcase? Contribute to the Community!