Steelcase

3.1

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steelcase.

Was contacted by HR manager for marketing and set up interview for later that week. They were looking to hire quickly. Met first with two members of the team and was asked all behavioral questions. Asked to a second interview later that week and met with the director of the group. Interview was less formal and was more about getting to know me.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of conflict that you've had in the workplace and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Steelcase in November 2014.

This was an opportunity online posted by a headhunter. I submitted my info and was contacted within a day by the headhunter who told me this was an immediate need. Strangely, the total process took something like 11 weeks, and was punctuated by long periods of silence.

The process included a written questionnaire followed by a call with the hiring manager, an online test, and face to face panel interview. Everyone that I spoke to at the recruiting office and at Steelcase was friendly. Overall this was a positive experience for me, it just seemed unorganized as things would go for several weeks at a time without any contact. If I reached out for an update, no one seemed to know what was happening. I had actually given up on the opportunity when they called me to come in for the face to face meeting.

I was not offered the job, but that does not mean that I had a bad experience. I had some warning signs early in the process that my skills and pay expectations were not a perfect match for the job so I wasn't heartbroken. If another posting from this company came up and matched my skill set I would certainly consider applying with them again.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were the typical "tell me about a time..." type of questions. As this was a sales type of role, they did also ask me ahead of time to prepare a short presentation on any topic that I liked and present it as part of the panel interview.

I think the most stressful part of the process was the online test. You are given a personality test and a critical thinking test. You can't really study for these tests and afterwards you have no idea what your results were. The critical thinking test is quite arcane.

Answer Question

Product Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in May 2014.

Two phone interviews then on site interview. The first interview was screening. The second one was not that different. The third one which is the on site one was more intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about time you had conflict with your group member?   Answer Question

Communication Coordinator Interview

Met with HR rep first, then a second time with the hiring manager. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were not related to the job description. I think they were looking for a way out of the interview (see most unexpected question)

Interview Questions
    • An illegal question regarding my marriage status was asked.   Answer Question

Materials Management Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Steelcase.

Hiring/Interview process is very professional .

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Received an email from their outside recruiter that based on my credentials, they felt I would be a good fit for this company. Contacted the recruiter to set up preliminary phone interview.
    Interviewer showed no energy. She was in fact late for our appointment. Asked the normal run of robotic questions.

Interview Questions
    • The no-no question was asked. What year did you graduate college?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Phone interview -> Onsite interview with operations leaders -> Onsite interview with

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was like filling out an application, the first onsite was typical questions and very relaxed, the second onsite was very laid back and they asked me whatever they felt like. All three were very conversational   Answer Question
    Still in this phase

Indirect Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in November 2013.

The interview process began with an on campus interview. The questions mainly included general behavioral based questions. The second round interview was held at the global headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. This was a panel interview in one of the conference rooms. This interview continued the main trend of behavioral based questions with an emphasis on the BAR (Background, Action, Result) format.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very generic behavioral based questions. E.g. Tell me about a time that you were faced with a situation in which you did not achieve an adequate rating.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Steelcase.

Went through 2 rounds of interviews with the local team. Great process - simple with friendly people.

NA

IT Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.