Steelcase

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Data Analyst Interview

Product Data Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews then on site interview. The first interview was screening. The second one was not that different. The third one which is the on site one was more intimidating.

Interview Question – Tell us about time you had conflict with your group member?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase in February 2010.

Interview Details – Traditional needs based review. The company examined past experience and associated skill sets for open position. The company is really focused on identifying a great fit and preserving their culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward.

Communication Coordinator Interview

Communication Coordinator

Interviewed at Steelcase

Interview Details – Met with HR rep first, then a second time with the hiring manager. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were not related to the job description. I think they were looking for a way out of the interview (see most unexpected question)

Interview Question – An illegal question regarding my marriage status was asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Senior Marketing Specialist
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took me 4 interviews and about 8 weeks to get hired. They use the star interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about an ethical dilemma you faced and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a fair offer so no negotiation.

Materials Management Interview

Materials Management

I applied in-person and interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview Details – Hiring/Interview process is very professional .

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview -> Onsite interview with operations leaders -> Onsite interview with

Interview Question – Phone interview was like filling out an application, the first onsite was typical questions and very relaxed, the second onsite was very laid back and they asked me whatever they felt like. All three were very conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in this phase

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Interview Details – Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.

Interview Question – I was not asked any technical questions   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Strategic Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email from their outside recruiter that based on my credentials, they felt I would be a good fit for this company. Contacted the recruiter to set up preliminary phone interview.
Interviewer showed no energy. She was in fact late for our appointment. Asked the normal run of robotic questions.

Interview Question – The no-no question was asked. What year did you graduate college?   View Answer

Design Researcher Interview

Design Researcher
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met the person who would be my boss at a coffee shop near my home. He described the research project and asked me how I would go about creating a protocol to complete it. I asked him how familiar he was with the methods of design research, and then detailed the steps involved. I was offered a contract the next day over the phone, then met in person one week later to sign documents.

Interview Question – Tell us about how you would conduct this research project from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview Details – Went through 2 rounds of interviews with the local team. Great process - simple with friendly people.

Negotiation Details – NA

Worked for Steelcase? Contribute to the Community!