Steelcase Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Three phone screen interviews followed by two online assessments, two lengthy in-person interviews, background check, reference check and drug test. A lengthy process for sure but overall a positive around finding a mutual fit for culture and role. There are many veterans here with longstanding experience at Steelcase. You will feel right at home if you're a "seasoned pro".

Interview Questions

• What unique talents, skills or experience do you bring to this role that might be less common among other applicants?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Very drawn out process. Communication gaps often lasted for weeks. In total, there were 4 phases, 7 interviews, and 3 hours of personality/cognitive tests. Ultimately I was one of two final candidates when they hired internally instead. Despite their encouragement, this slow decision-making culture would deter me from applying again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. (Either with guided questions or directly asked as such, this is how every interview I had with Steelcase started.)   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Health and Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of a series of three phone screenings, when then ended with the job not being funded and the posting canceled before an in-person interview could occur. It was disappointing that they couldn't move forward with the position because of budgeting. However, it's interesting that I saw the same position posted on career websites for up to a month after I was told that the position was canceled.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed my work history and reasons for leaving each job.   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steelcase in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer and I introduced ourselves to each other. He asked some questions about my previous coursework and projects, especially machine learning and time series. For one project, they are interested in how I performed exploratory data analysis and one other project they asked how to generate new features and select important features to build the model.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Obtained interview through college career fair. Recruiter then emailed me regarding setting up an interview. The interview was a phone interview then received an offer after that. There was a drug test and background check after the offer was made.

Specials Engineering Quoting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

The interviewing process went very well.......through all five interviews. A bit overkill for what they are looking for. I thought it was a lock and 4 out of the 5 interviewers liked me very well and I had an onsite recruiter really pushing for me but one of the interviewers didn't like an answer to one question about how a conflict was handled 15 years ago. More qualified than any other candidates and was exactly what they told me they were looking for but the position was a non-started due to one thing.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

I get the interview through on campus recruiting, and i got the interview the day after. The interview questions are not hard and the stress level was low. I think the recruiters are looking for personalities and related experience,

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by HR manager for marketing and set up interview for later that week. They were looking to hire quickly. Met first with two members of the team and was asked all behavioral questions. Asked to a second interview later that week and met with the director of the group. Interview was less formal and was more about getting to know me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of conflict that you've had in the workplace and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase in November 2014.

Interview

This was an opportunity online posted by a headhunter. I submitted my info and was contacted within a day by the headhunter who told me this was an immediate need. Strangely, the total process took something like 11 weeks, and was punctuated by long periods of silence. The process included a written questionnaire followed by a call with the hiring manager, an online test, and face to face panel interview. Everyone that I spoke to at the recruiting office and at Steelcase was friendly. Overall this was a positive experience for me, it just seemed unorganized as things would go for several weeks at a time without any contact. If I reached out for an update, no one seemed to know what was happening. I had actually given up on the opportunity when they called me to come in for the face to face meeting. I was not offered the job, but that does not mean that I had a bad experience. I had some warning signs early in the process that my skills and pay expectations were not a perfect match for the job so I wasn't heartbroken. If another posting from this company came up and matched my skill set I would certainly consider applying with them again.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were the typical "tell me about a time..." type of questions. As this was a sales type of role, they did also ask me ahead of time to prepare a short presentation on any topic that I liked and present it as part of the panel interview. I think the most stressful part of the process was the online test. You are given a personality test and a critical thinking test. You can't really study for these tests and afterwards you have no idea what your results were. The critical thinking test is quite arcane.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase in October 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me via email to setup an interview with 2 people who were in the Marketing Department. The interview went really well. They asked the typical questions that they were required to by Steelcase. i.e. Describe a situation in which you had to overcome a setback in a project and what did you do...etc. They were both great and described what the position would entail and went through their background with the company. I was then contacted for a second interview and that one was with the Director of the Department. That interview also went well, but I wasn't quite prepared for that interview as the second in the sense that the second interview felt more like small talk than questions about my background.

Interview Questions

• When did you know that you had made it? When did you have that "Aha" moment?   Answer Question