Steelcase Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
34 interviews

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

very good interview experience. They have other people in your potential team interview you normally. The interview lasted a while - with different groups of people interviewing and using pre-determined questions. which is good - because they are not recruiters, but possible co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not know anything about the system and are on call, and get called in the middle of the night about something you know nothing about what would you do?   Answer Question
    Virtually no negociation tolerated except on time off.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in February 2009.

Sent resume, received phone call about 2 weeks later.
    Professional, straightforward.
    First interview with HR,
    Second interview with hiring manager
    Third interview with team I would be working with

Interview Questions
    • "What is the biggest mistake you made at your previous job and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Straightforward, there was no negotiation.
    There was a salary scale and they placed me in the middle.
    It was pretty much "this is the job, this is the salary."

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Grand Ra, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Grand Ra, MI

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase.

Fair, professional

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest mistake at your last job and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    None. It was "this is the job, this is the pay"

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in November 2011.

When I applied online, I got an email from the team asking to set up an interview. I was coming from a really small marketing firm, and had never studied HR before, but I still got the interview. I interviewed with the Human Resource Shared Services team leader, as well as two current interns. They asked me questions from a standard list of questions they all had, and wrote down my answers. They then explained their experiences as interns. I left feeling like it went well, and I got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions because it was so long ago   Answer Question
    I could negotiate my start date, but I didn't really have any say in my salary at all (but that was fine because it was a lot higher than expected)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Steelcase in July 2011.

I applied for a position posted on my school job board. I got a call back perhaps the next day. After that first interview, I went on to a second interview with two more senior, longer-tenure management members. I don't remember there being any behavioral questions. They were all about strategy and other concepts related to the specific position I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was a case question about the number of manhole covers.   Answer Question

Dealer Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Steelcase in September 2012.

It was an on campus interview with a panel of three ladies. Only behavioral questions were posed. They were very nice and only 15 people national wide would be picked up for a final round interview, of which only 4 would be chosen.

Interview Questions
    • An scenario question: what would you do if a client want the best part of service form dealer A and product from dealer B.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steelcase in March 2012.

Applied online. Couple of weeks later, I got a call from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview was conducted by 2 people (HR and the team member) and lasted for about 30-40 min. Questions were mostly related to past experience and school work along with a few behavioral questions. Pretty straight forward. A week later I received the offer letter. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Steelcase?
      What do you expect from this internship?
        Answer Question

Systems Analyst/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steelcase in October 2012.

Steelcase posted a job on WMU's job network. After a quick search it would appear Steelcase has been advertising this job to multiple colleges and accepting resumes. I applied and was scheduled to complete an on campus interview. The interview was two individuals. Laura and another guy. The interview process was low pressure and only 30 minutes in length. General behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Despite applying for a particular job, the interview left me under the impression that it was for multiple jobs I was applying for. This made it more difficult for me to ask good questions in return I felt as I just didn't know exactly what I was really applying for. General behavioral questions tho. How do you respond under pressure? Explain an incident where the ball was dropped and how you handled it? Give us an example that shows I am capable of dealing with dynamic problems.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, AL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Steelcase in July 2008.

Targeted selection process where they ask you about a situation and they want you to give the situation, action and then the result.

Interview Questions
    • Where does your strength, IQ, EQ, or product knowledge   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate some, and was able to get a relocation package

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Steelcase in May 2011.

Very uncomfortable setting ! I felt like it was an interrogation, there was a bright hanging in light in my face with three interviewers. First words out of their mouths ware "if I needed to k ow how many painters there are in the united states how would you find that informations for me"? This led to many other questions of this sort. Another example "if I gave you a brick and you couldn't use it as a paper weight or a door stop give me five things you'd use it for.". Overall two of the three interviewers seemed interested in speaking with me an the other which was the closest in proximity to me swemed as if she felt I was wasting her time. Interview took three hours

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the number of painters in the U.S.?   View Answer