Steelcase

Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.1

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Phone interview -> Onsite interview with operations leaders -> Onsite interview with

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was like filling out an application, the first onsite was typical questions and very relaxed, the second onsite was very laid back and they asked me whatever they felt like. All three were very conversational   Answer Question
    Still in this phase

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in January 2014.

Star questions. Team interview. Be prepared to demonstrate examples of specific qualities they are looking for in a candidate. You'll talk with several people both directly and indirectly related to the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision. What criteria did you use to evaluate your alternatives and what was your decision and outcome.   Answer Question

Indirect Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase in November 2013.

The interview process began with an on campus interview. The questions mainly included general behavioral based questions. The second round interview was held at the global headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. This was a panel interview in one of the conference rooms. This interview continued the main trend of behavioral based questions with an emphasis on the BAR (Background, Action, Result) format.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very generic behavioral based questions. E.g. Tell me about a time that you were faced with a situation in which you did not achieve an adequate rating.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Steelcase.

Went through 2 rounds of interviews with the local team. Great process - simple with friendly people.

NA

IT Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steelcase in May 2013.

Someone wanted to hire on an intern with capability in general development and 3D graphics. I was referred through a friend, who was hired on after our professor was emailed about potential candidates for the position.

I only had one interview with general questions, showing I had general competence in communication and programming, as well as prior work experience.

I don't know what the normal application process is, mine was a special case, as it was through an employee referral for a specific job.

Applications Engineer Interview

very good interview experience. They have other people in your potential team interview you normally. The interview lasted a while - with different groups of people interviewing and using pre-determined questions. which is good - because they are not recruiters, but possible co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not know anything about the system and are on call, and get called in the middle of the night about something you know nothing about what would you do?   Answer Question
    Virtually no negociation tolerated except on time off.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Grand Ra, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Grand Ra, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steelcase.

Fair, professional

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest mistake at your last job and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    None. It was "this is the job, this is the pay"

Systems Analyst/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Steelcase in October 2012.

Steelcase posted a job on WMU's job network. After a quick search it would appear Steelcase has been advertising this job to multiple colleges and accepting resumes. I applied and was scheduled to complete an on campus interview. The interview was two individuals. Laura and another guy. The interview process was low pressure and only 30 minutes in length. General behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Despite applying for a particular job, the interview left me under the impression that it was for multiple jobs I was applying for. This made it more difficult for me to ask good questions in return I felt as I just didn't know exactly what I was really applying for. General behavioral questions tho. How do you respond under pressure? Explain an incident where the ball was dropped and how you handled it? Give us an example that shows I am capable of dealing with dynamic problems.   Answer Question

Dealer Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steelcase in September 2012.

It was an on campus interview with a panel of three ladies. Only behavioral questions were posed. They were very nice and only 15 people national wide would be picked up for a final round interview, of which only 4 would be chosen.

Interview Questions
    • An scenario question: what would you do if a client want the best part of service form dealer A and product from dealer B.   Answer Question

Design Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Steelcase in May 2012.

I met the person who would be my boss at a coffee shop near my home. He described the research project and asked me how I would go about creating a protocol to complete it. I asked him how familiar he was with the methods of design research, and then detailed the steps involved. I was offered a contract the next day over the phone, then met in person one week later to sign documents.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you would conduct this research project from beginning to end.   Answer Question