Stein Mart Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Stein Mart in July 2014.

It was in-person. Past personal social experiences were quite helpful. The questions were about how I would interact with other customers and how I would help out the company. They also were based on how I would perform under certain pressure in specific situations.

Sales Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stein Mart in March 2011.

Veyr quick hiring process, easy basic interviewing questions. Worked as a part time cashier and credit card sales associate. Pushing the credit cards were the harder of the two, even with my sales background.

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Stein Mart in December 2013.

Interviews are short and are not very detailed. The avg interview time is 15 to 20 min. My interview was about 10 min. There was not really much to it other than a description of job applied for and what they will pay. I interviewed and was hired within 4 days of applying.

Not really negotiable.

Merchandise Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stein Mart.

Submitted resume at company website and on job search engine. Called location a week after submitting and told Store Manager was on vacation and he would review resume when he got back. Called again at the end of the second week spoke to Store Manager and set up interview date.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry, can't remember questions. Only remember they were not that difficult and I think with my extensive background I was pretty confident that I had the job.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiating. Manager said although salary was low company is a great place to work. I was on my last unemployment check so I needed to take the job at the time.

Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stein Mart in April 2014.

I applied online and got a call a day later to schedules a interview. The interview was very easy since they were desperate for workers because it was a new store. A couple of hours later I got a call offering me a position and they ran a background check now after this is were it got weird it took FOREVER for my background check but I got called twice about the pay one manager told me 8.75 and the other told me 8.50 make sure you record any calls you receive

Sales Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroe, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stein Mart in April 2011.

Received a call from the store manager to schedule an interview. I was informed that it was only a part time position with no chance of full time. It was a one on one interview, very relaxed. We went over the details of the job (duties, hours, expected behavior/demeanor, dress code).

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. Why do you want to work here (It's a nice store, the other associates seem friendly and interested in what they're doing, I've done retail before, etc)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Stein Mart.

I had originally applied in May and the manager decided to call me in December. Before he called I was told I would be contacted quite a few times after he checked my availability. The interview was pretty normal but he wouldn't let me refer back to my school club leadership experience which is all I had. They were very disorganized.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroe, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Stein Mart in September 2013.

No interview. Got hired on the spot.

Not spoken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stein Mart.

applied online and called for an interview

Interview Questions
    • really casual interview. just asked me about myself and told me about the job. I think they just wanted to see if I looked nice and could speak to people.   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stein Mart.

The manager showed up late from her lunch and I could tell she forgot about the Interview. She hadn't even looked at my resume and complained that she wanted someone with more experience even though I had a degree and plenty of retail experience. At the end she said she liked my personality but that she wanted someone with more experience. So why call and waste my time? Later she said she was going to do a back round check and get back to me, haven't heard from her since.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stein Mart? Contribute to the Community!