Stein Mart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.8

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valrico, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Valrico, FL).

Interview

You sit down in the break room to interview with the manager of the department they're hiring for. They basically just as you a bunch of questions like any other interview. You need to dress professionally.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

First interviewed with the assistant manager who was very nice and someone who seemed to genuinely care. Next met with the store manager who started paper work and got me working the same day.

Interview Questions

Interview

Job description was a bit deceiving from what yhe job was. Job was for a department manager,that is how it should of been advertised. Interviewer spent a lot of time watching the clock. Was not impressed.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The entire process took forever, manager interviewing told me I would have a yes or no by the end of the week. She finally called at the end of the week to ask me to take part in a second interview. A week after that I finally had an offer. It was ridiculous.

Visual Display Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I applied on their website. A week later I got called in for an interview. I was asked to bring my ss card and id in case they hired me on the spot. About two hours into the interview, I was hired and had all my paperwork done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I looked up the average wage for this position and kept my ground when asked how much I expected. I got what I wanted.

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a phone call for an interview a few days later. She didn't interview me at all. She just told me about the store, the positions they had available and what they did, and the hours they were looking for. She asked me which area interested me the most and what my availability was. It was kind of weird- she didn't ask me any sort of interview-esqe questions! I have no retail experience, so it was a bit of a surprise. I then filled out a form for a background check and she said that she would call me once the results came in. She called back a few days later and offered me the position in the area that expressed interest in.

Interview Questions

• No real questions, just about when I would like to work and which area I preferred.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. I called them back and they said they wanted to set up a time for an interview. When the time came, I went in and I told the cashier up front that I was here for an interview. They called the manager up the front and we went and sat outside on a bench. She mainly told me about the company and what is expected of employees. I got an email 3 days after the interview offering me the job.

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

It was the easiest interview ever. He just asked me what I did at my last job, my availability, and told me how soon he needed someone. He also asked me how I think I did at my last job. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. It was very easy.

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Surprise, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, the assistant manager I interviewed with was very nice. She seemed genuinely excited to have me there. We spoke for about an hour (I had worked for the company 12 years prior) so she spent a lot of time talking about what has changed. She than walked me around the store and to the department's I would be managing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, corporate sets the limits. But I was able to get an idea of pay through glass door and it was right on so corporate at least is consistent. Pay is much lower though than other retailers but a solid company with good growth potential.

Home Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart in March 2015.

Interview

It was done in the office with the assistant manager, very casual and not too nerve wracking. The General manager left the office to allow him to interview me, we really just casually talked.

Interview Questions

• Very casual ones such as why did I want to work at this company, what experience I had, etc.   1 Answer