Stein Mart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview Details – I stopped in the store and turned in an application. A couple of days later I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with the manager of the ladies dept. and was offered a part-time position on the spot. More recently, we have told people who come in asking about employment to go to our website and fill out an application online. From there we'll be able to view your application, and if we're interested, you'll be invited to interview with our assistant manager.

Interview Question – I find the hardest question that is asked is to list 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Data Systems Interview

Data Systems
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was a brief phone interview with two data systems managers. I didn't really want to work for a discount retailer due to some horror stories I heard. It was not a very technical interview as the two from SteinMart were managers and not very technically keen. I expected much, much more. I think they hired me because I seemed NOT to want the job!

Interview Question – Have you ever used MS SQL?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2009.

Interview Details – Great ppl to meet and work with..

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Stein Mart?   View Answer
  • Can you work on anything that comes upon even it is not not speciality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – to many direction from too many managers

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stein Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stein Mart interview questions and advice in Jacksonville, FL. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stein Mart employees and interview candidates.