Stein Mart

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.0

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stein Mart.

After completing the interview process online for a new store in my area I received call to come into the store for an interview. The person who was interviewing me arrived a few minutes late which was aggravating since because the store was not open I was waiting outside. The interview itself was informal, especially since it was conducted on folding chairs in a building that was still under construction. After what I would rate a as a distinctly neutral interview I was told I would receive a call back within several days. I called a week later and was told to call back again several days later which I did and was again told to call back several days later. At that point I moved on.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to speak about Stein-marts history which I had not spent the time researching before hand.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stein Mart in July 2014.

It was in-person. Past personal social experiences were quite helpful. The questions were about how I would interact with other customers and how I would help out the company. They also were based on how I would perform under certain pressure in specific situations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Stein Mart.

I had originally applied in May and the manager decided to call me in December. Before he called I was told I would be contacted quite a few times after he checked my availability. The interview was pretty normal but he wouldn't let me refer back to my school club leadership experience which is all I had. They were very disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stein Mart.

applied online and called for an interview

Interview Questions
    • really casual interview. just asked me about myself and told me about the job. I think they just wanted to see if I looked nice and could speak to people.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stein Mart.

My interview was very unorganized. The manager wasn't aware that I was coming and didn't prepare any questions and had no idea who I was. She asked for my availability and told me about the store then gave me a tour. From what I heard from other employees, they are very simple. Most likely you will be hired if you're called in for an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stein Mart.

Very friendly, typical questions..." Tell me why you want to work here"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stein Mart.

The hiring process was very quick. The day after my interview, they called me back and told me that I got the job. It was quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a customer a credit card while working on the floor?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stein Mart.

I stopped in the store and turned in an application. A couple of days later I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with the manager of the ladies dept. and was offered a part-time position on the spot. More recently, we have told people who come in asking about employment to go to our website and fill out an application online. From there we'll be able to view your application, and if we're interested, you'll be invited to interview with our assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • I find the hardest question that is asked is to list 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stein Mart in July 2012.

Applied online and was called less than a week later. I had one interview with the assistant manager. They were very friendly and asked the normal interview questions, such as tell me about yourself, what were your previous jobs, etc. Then they went over the store details, job details, and pay and asked if I was interested. I said yes and was told I would get a call back a few days later as there were other interviewees. I did get a call back on the day promised and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, everyone starts at same salary regardless of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stein Mart in October 2010.

Normal

Interview Questions
    No negotiaions; pay offering standard with no regard for experience.