Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. I called them back and they said they wanted to set up a time for an interview. When the time came, I went in and I told the cashier up front that I was here for an interview. They called the manager up the front and we went and sat outside on a bench. She mainly told me about the company and what is expected of employees. I got an email 3 days after the interview offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

After completing the interview process online for a new store in my area I received call to come into the store for an interview. The person who was interviewing me arrived a few minutes late which was aggravating since because the store was not open I was waiting outside. The interview itself was informal, especially since it was conducted on folding chairs in a building that was still under construction. After what I would rate a as a distinctly neutral interview I was told I would receive a call back within several days. I called a week later and was told to call back again several days later which I did and was again told to call back several days later. At that point I moved on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to speak about Stein-marts history which I had not spent the time researching before hand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Montgomery, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was in-person. Past personal social experiences were quite helpful. The questions were about how I would interact with other customers and how I would help out the company. They also were based on how I would perform under certain pressure in specific situations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I had originally applied in May and the manager decided to call me in December. Before he called I was told I would be contacted quite a few times after he checked my availability. The interview was pretty normal but he wouldn't let me refer back to my school club leadership experience which is all I had. They were very disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Columbia, SC).

Interview

applied online and called for an interview

Interview Questions

• really casual interview. just asked me about myself and told me about the job. I think they just wanted to see if I looked nice and could speak to people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Tucson, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

It was super laid back and short. They just chatted with me about my work history and interest in Steinmart. It's nothing to be nervous about. They'll ask you what your interests are and if you see yourself working with the company long-term. Usually, they need you more than you need them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, do you have previous retail experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

My interview was very unorganized. The manager wasn't aware that I was coming and didn't prepare any questions and had no idea who I was. She asked for my availability and told me about the store then gave me a tour. From what I heard from other employees, they are very simple. Most likely you will be hired if you're called in for an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Very friendly, typical questions..." Tell me why you want to work here"

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. The day after my interview, they called me back and told me that I got the job. It was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a customer a credit card while working on the floor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

History of Stein mart, why you would be interested in working there, what are the tasks you will be willing to do. They also ask you if you are good at being friendly, and pushing credit card sales. And often you would be to show up. They asks when was a time that you were able to help someone do something as well as the lowest hourly pay you could accept. You also should ask questions. Just average interview questions.