Stella & Dot

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at Stella & Dot

Interview Details – quick to setup a call with hiring manager, but day-of interview was bad news bears - very disorganized. Double booked against a candidate applying for the same position. 6 back-to-back interviews of 30 minutes each. 3 of 6 interviewers were more than 5 minutes late. I got asked the same question by 3 people that I already went through with the screener. I guess they don't share notes.

Office energy was uninspiring - seems like a bunch of clock punchers just passing time and collecting paychecks. Nobody seemed especially excited about their work.

It's been over 30 days, and repeated inquiries, but I haven't heard anything back. As a formality, any company should formally close the loop with a candidate, even if it's as simple as hitting 'reject' in jobvite.

Interview Question – walk me through your career history   View Answer

Inventory Planner/Inventory Planning Manager Interview

Inventory Planner/Inventory Planning Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stella & Dot.

Interview Details – I applied for inventory planner position online, and received a call from the HR- recruiter within few days to talk about past experiences and discuss the available role. Phone screening was the first step in the recruiting process, candidates selected after this would be meeting the team for a more operations related interview. There was no response from the recruiter after the call. I was wondering if it was the salary expectation that limited them.

Interview Question – Salary expectation   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Inventory Planner
San Bruno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stella & Dot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Probably one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had - incredibly disorganized and unprofessional experience. It was clear from the intial interview that they were desperate to fill the position, and made this clear during the process. The sole reason I declined the offer is because of the reviews posted on Glassdoor - I would have been miserable there.

Interview Question – Teach me something.   Answer Question

Warehouse Team Member Interview

Warehouse Team Member

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stella & Dot.

Interview Details – Went through a temp service. We had a group interview which went over really well.

Interview Question – What is the perfect order?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me and I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Stella & Dot

Interview Details – This is a perfect opportunity for stay at home moms to blossom in both the home and a career, while having fun at the same time. The hiring process was very seemless and the tiered team approach is wonderful.

Interview Question – The process was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Bruno, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stella & Dot.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and an in-person interview. People were very nice. Space is open (no cubes) and bright.

Reason for Declining – Counter offer at current company.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Bruno, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stella & Dot in January 2012.

Interview Details – It seemed very disorganized. Days and then weeks would go by between contact. most people seemed too busy to coordinate schedules for interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about your previous experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Bruno, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stella & Dot in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had 4 rounds of in-person interviews (in total spoke with probably 7 people individually for 30 min) over a 5 week period,and reviewed their existing program to provide some thoughts for improvement. For the most part, everyone was very nice and the interviews weren't very stressful.
I was told I'd hear back the week between Christmas and New Year's. I heard nothing, so a week later, I emailed the hiring manager and recruiter. I never got a response and I have heard their new candidate started. All in all, I felt that this experience was extremely disorganized, and after 4 rounds would expect someone to at least tell me that they'd gone another direction. I completely understand choosing another candidate, but leaving me hanging is disrespectful.

Interview Question – Are you willing to host trunk shows?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
San Bruno, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stella & Dot in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process itself was fine. I found the follow-up communication woefully inadequate and disrespectful. This has been a trend I have seen throughout my job search. It would be most appreciated if recruiters could take the 2 minutes out of their day to let the candidate know they are no longer under consideration.

Interview Question – What was the worst advice you were ever given?   View Answer

Independent Stylist Interview

Independent Stylist
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stella & Dot in May 2011.

Interview Details – Just attend a team meeting with a stylist and they will become your sponsor.

Negotiation Details – none, just signed on

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stella & Dot? Contribute to the Community!

Stella & Dot Videos

Stella & Dot – Why Work for Us?

Stella and Dot, an Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Company, is a San Francisco based social selling company that creates flexible entrepreneurial opportunities for women. Our boutique-style jewelry and accessories line is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stella & Dot interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stella & Dot employees and interview candidates.