Stepan Interview Questions

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stepan.

Interview

The process was totally professional. HR communicated by phone and email to set up an agreeable interview time and then sent out an agenda with expected arrival times, interviewers and timeline. The company requires you to fill out an online application also but page could have been more user friendly. it was not completely intuitive.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with five department heads for an hour each. Questions were conversational and varied by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stepan.

Interview

Found the job and applied through an online job posting, I was given a phone screening by an HR representative shortly after. Then I was contacted to set up a site interview, this process was very difficult to coordinate, but it ended up working out. I had 5 hour long interviews with a short break in between with sales managers, hr, and the technical sales trainee supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Most of it was pretty common behavioral questions and questions about my experiences.   Answer Question

PTD Specialist I Interview

Interview

I came in from a temp agency and worked my way to permancy, so my experience will be a bit different. I do know they are very much into the all day group interviews, even for internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• A few asked technical questions, some asked what is your view of having a female boss. For the most part not that bad, there are just a few that like playing the bad cop role   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stepan (Northfield, NJ).

Interview

3rd party recruiter used, phone screen than on site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Surfactant Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stepan (Northfield, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a sales representative position. After about a week, I received an email regarding scheduling a phone interview. The interviewer was quite nice and asked the standard behavioral questions:
    What interests you about sales?
    What quality do you bring that others don't have?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    What do you know about Stepan?

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stepan in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening required multiple tries to get in touch with the HR representative. The person was not responsive. Interview consisted of all day process with seven members of R&D. Was told by end of the day that I received the job, however getting information on benefits, salary, and discussions on start date were again difficult with HR, had to contact the hiring manager to get information.

Interview Questions

• What was my greatest innovation in the lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nearly impossible to reach HR representative. There was very little negotiation.