Stephens Interview Questions

2.3

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stephens.

Very invasive, the Agency requires all 10 of your fingerprints for their records.

Interview Questions
    • Share life experiences, not business but life - Questions too personal - overall inappropriate   View Answer
    Fine, got 3 weeks vacation and higher salary.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

interviewed at Stephens in September 2013.

Applied through school. Had a 2 on 1 interview which I did not get past. They then have a super-day in Little Rock. Usually have 30-40 candidates and give offers to around 15. Most position are in Little Rock, Dallas, and Atlanta.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stephens in October 2007.

Stephens hires directly on my campus and will solicit resumes through the career center, although non core schools can have their resume read by emailing our recruiters. On campus interviews are straight forward, most questions are "fit" related. Stephens care first and foremost about fit with the department, then financial knowledge. Super Saturday is preceded by a dinner with the senior bankers on Friday and drinks with the junior bankers and analysts. Saturday is a series of interviews with junior and senior bankers that, depending on the person, are usually geared towards fit.

Interview Questions
    Nonexistent, take it or leave it

IB Analyst Interview

Best experience. Really care for their candidates. Meet with 6 people, some technical biggest focus on getting to learn who you are. Basic technicals - valuation techniques, financial statements, didn't ask dcf analysis. Focus on fit

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied through my university, got a phone interview the next day. The position was in NYC, in their international office, and required that you speak several languages (other than English). Interviewer asked typical questions (tell me about yourself..) then got a bit more technical and annoying. Due to the short notice, i was not very prepared, but it is a relatively easy phone interview.

Analyst (Investment Banking) Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stephens in November 2010.

The first round of the interview process was conducted by way of phone and they asked basic questions about why you want to do investment banking, what classes you have taken, and what your background is. All of them were the normal, fit or behavioral type of questions one would expect in an interview. I might also have been asked to go over my resume, but nothing stressful.

I was then invited to participate in a Super Saturday event in their Little Rock office (hq) where there were 42 candidates if I remember correctly. The first night everyone got in, there was a dinner reception where all kinds of people from 2nd year analysts all the way up to the heads of investment banking were in attendance to judge your fit within the company. The next day there were about 5 rounds of interviews per applicant where the interviewers also asked all about your resume, motivation for doing investment banking specifically, etc etc. I heard some people were asked basic DCF questions but the hardest thing I got was how I would evaluate a company that Stephens was considering investing in. From what I understand, they are looking for demonstrably intelligent people who would fit in with the firm culture.

Interview Questions
    • How would you evaluate a company Stephens was considering investing in?   Answer Question
    Unfortunately, I did not try to negotiate, but I consider this a mistake.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Stephens in March 2010.

I applied online through my university's website. I got a phone call from a recruiter, but I missed the call and was left a voicemail. I returned the phone call, and the recruiter was pretty much available to talk at any time of day. Thinking back it makes sense since they work so much. I eventually had a lengthy chat with an associate, but was not offered a visit to their office. Lesson learned: keep it short and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over any other candidate?   Answer Question
    • What have you done that shows how committed you are to breaking into finance?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stephens in March 2010.

Applied online, got a phone call setting appointment, interviewed, hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • How do you recover from a hard drive reformat without costly software to dig out your files.   View Answer
    perfect. Listen and reply.

Worked for Stephens? Contribute to the Community!