Stereo D Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014
8 interviews

2.7

Depth Artist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Stereo D.

It was a phone interview with 2 Stereographers, one producer, and the head of the production. It was a great interview where we basically swapped experience, they asked me what I do, how I do it, and gave me a scenario and asked me how I would approach it. We spoke about how I handle myself in a team, what experience have I had in the field, and how I do under stress and long hours. Overall, it went really well.

Interview Questions
    • They listed several software programs I was unaware of. Although, little experience, they suggested I do some tutorials. Since I had a lot of experience in other programs, they were happy to continue the process.   Answer Question

Paint/Composite Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Stereo D.

I had one phone interview with the recruiter. I then had one with the Lead in charge of the project.

Interview Questions
    • know the job your applying for they ask technical questions.   Answer Question
    It was a bit one sided, i needed a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stereo D in November 2010.

They will ask you what you did before this job, and to describe your duties. Then they talk about themselves and the task you will be taking up. Then they ask what your rate is.

Interview Questions
    • The rate part is most difficult, because they low ball alot.   Answer Question

Paint/Composite Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stereo D.

I had a friend who already worked at Stereo D refer me.

The interview was pretty easy going, under 15 minutes. Everyone is required to take part in a mandatory training/testing session that will last 1 week. Your performance here will decipher if you are fully hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the norm. It will all come down to your experience.   Answer Question

Roto-Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stereo D.

They would have a few people in the room. A few supervisors. Ask what you have done in the past. The type of software you use and if you are willing to learn there software.

After the interview, they do a week of "testing" and even during this week, you dont necessarily have the job. If at the end of the week, you don't preform at the level they want, you don't get the job. Kinda stressful for someone that has never done stereo-conversion before.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what kind I was looking for. And I gave them a range. I would recommend to give them a range. They will always try and "low-ball" you for a range around $13. Try not to give in to that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stereo D.

Be yourself. Shower and dress nicely. A lot of people that work here wear sweats and old clothes. Make sure you know Nuke. Be positive and outgoing and don't be afraid to ask questions. Try to stress how much you get paid now, maybe add a few dollars- they always tend to undercut your rate. They are pretty laid back when it comes to hiring- as long as you have the qualifications, you are set.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions- maybe whether or not you know how to to stereoscopic conversion.   Answer Question
    not much in the way of negotiation. haven't had much of a raise yet either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stereo D in September 2010.

If you are out of state it will be a phone interview, but if you are in the area it will be 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    • You need to know they basis of Stereo and proficiency in Nuke   Answer Question
    Back when i started i asked for $30 and they bumped all the way to $19 on a 50hr week, so that was fine but now its 40 hr and don't expect to get paid more than $20 unless you have had years of experience and you can prove it.

Roto-Artist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stereo D in February 2013.

You have to be accurate what u r expecting n what you r telling to him because this company can verify you n you even dont kow about it so please be honest thats it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stereo D

Worked for Stereo D? Contribute to the Community!