Steria

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Steria in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, was then given a phone interview with competency based questions and was then invited to an assessment day. The day consisted of a meet and greet/agenda/ice breaker, interview, then a group activity, then a break for lunch. After lunch there were presentations and a written report that was to be completed before the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Steria in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interview started with an online application to the recruitment company who handled everything, however now it is all done in house. Aside from the usual name / address etc. a few skills based questions had to be answered, to show where you have demonstrated certain skills they looked for (linked to the core values).

After that initial screening processes from what I remember there were 2 online SHL based test (numeric and verbal reasoning).

Then came a telephone interview where the recruiters got a general feel of what I was like and eventually I was invited for an assessment day.

The assessment day consisted of some talks about what the company does, a group assessment, panel interview, solo presentation and a Q&A session at the end.

That was pretty exhausing in itself, then after that I was actually called back for another interview with the head of department to ensure I was the right fit for the job.

The whole process from apply to acceptance of offer took around 9 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an X   View Answer
  • In your own words, describe what Steria does   View Answer
  • You are posed with a question and asked for the solution. For example, person wants to send an email and nobody ever gets it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – With the trainee programme, nothing is available for negotiation. When I explained I had been offered more elsewhere, I was told that the trainee programme is fixed and that everyone starts on the same pay - then it is up to yourself how far/fast you are able to progress.

The basic package included a base salary (no bonus) with 4 reviews every six months. After that you will be 'officially' off the scheme. The last pay review falls on the date of your last date as a trainee and so the result of that determines your pay for your next role. Therefore if you start on £23k and have 4 raises of 5% you will be on £28k for your next 'higher' role. The raises relate to performance, and therefore your managers perception of how well you have done in comparison to the targets set (some managers are easier than others). From my understanding the raises are between 0%-8%. It is possible to get 0%. Sometimes the rating you get in your review will not correspond to your % increase.

Steria offer a 'flex' scheme, where you are able to buy/sell benefits offered. So you start with 'nothing' then you can use your salary to 'buy' pension (matched up to 5%), holidays (buy or sell) but base is now 20, healthcare, dental cover, childcare vouchers and others.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Steria? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steria Graduate Trainee interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Steria employees and interview candidates.