Steria

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steria in June 2013.

Interview Details – I initially approached the company and they were very efficient and forthcoming with information and details about the company and role. The process was just the right length and paperwork dispatched efficiently.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just a good in depth question and answer session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I laid out my expectations prior to the process starting and they were very accommodating.

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Steria.

Interview Details – Not very structured interview. Interviewer didn't know too much about the market. Need to gen up on the industry specifically and current issues, future trends etc.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were faced with a challenge and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much flexibility in salary, go for a bigger bonus

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steria in July 2008.

Interview Details – Head Hunted, telephone interview followed by face to face

Interview Question – All qustions were straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Steria in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interview started with an online application to the recruitment company who handled everything, however now it is all done in house. Aside from the usual name / address etc. a few skills based questions had to be answered, to show where you have demonstrated certain skills they looked for (linked to the core values).

After that initial screening processes from what I remember there were 2 online SHL based test (numeric and verbal reasoning).

Then came a telephone interview where the recruiters got a general feel of what I was like and eventually I was invited for an assessment day.

The assessment day consisted of some talks about what the company does, a group assessment, panel interview, solo presentation and a Q&A session at the end.

That was pretty exhausing in itself, then after that I was actually called back for another interview with the head of department to ensure I was the right fit for the job.

The whole process from apply to acceptance of offer took around 9 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an X   View Answer
  • In your own words, describe what Steria does   View Answer
  • You are posed with a question and asked for the solution. For example, person wants to send an email and nobody ever gets it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – With the trainee programme, nothing is available for negotiation. When I explained I had been offered more elsewhere, I was told that the trainee programme is fixed and that everyone starts on the same pay - then it is up to yourself how far/fast you are able to progress.

The basic package included a base salary (no bonus) with 4 reviews every six months. After that you will be 'officially' off the scheme. The last pay review falls on the date of your last date as a trainee and so the result of that determines your pay for your next role. Therefore if you start on £23k and have 4 raises of 5% you will be on £28k for your next 'higher' role. The raises relate to performance, and therefore your managers perception of how well you have done in comparison to the targets set (some managers are easier than others). From my understanding the raises are between 0%-8%. It is possible to get 0%. Sometimes the rating you get in your review will not correspond to your % increase.

Steria offer a 'flex' scheme, where you are able to buy/sell benefits offered. So you start with 'nothing' then you can use your salary to 'buy' pension (matched up to 5%), holidays (buy or sell) but base is now 20, healthcare, dental cover, childcare vouchers and others.

Worked for Steria? Contribute to the Community!