Steria

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Steria in March 2014.

Interview Details – first interview tell about the projects you have done nice talking to a technical manager for 50 mins
second interview 12mins dont know what happened run through your resume---then ask me do you have any question for me ---the interview just last 12mins

Interview Question – run through your resume---then ask me do you have any question for me ---the interview just last 12mins   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Software Engineer Trainee
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Steria in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was in-campus drive.
Minimum eligibility was 70% in 10th and 12th,60% in college and no active backlog.

1st round was written test,
Time duration was 50 minutes and 50 MCQ were asked from-
SQL(many questions)
networking,software engineering,microprocessor,computer architecture(few questions),
logical and reasoning(many questions).
Not even a single question on C/C++/or any programming language.

Questions was easy ,level of paper was not difficult.
I was not prepared for computer architecture and microprocessor but still cleared the exam.Basic knowledge of SQL will be very helpful.

After that presentation from the company,she clearly told us what qualities they are looking in us, so keep your ears open during presentation.

Then result came out and they didn't select so many students.

Immediately after announcing result they stared the group discussion.
Group of 10 students was created and our topic was "Arvind kejriwal and his party".
It was very healthy discussion and 8 out 10 people were speaking.In the end she asked for everyone's conclusion one by one.

3 got selected and one who didn't utter even a single word during the discussion but spoke during conclusion was one of them(His point in conclusion was bad).

Me and my friend was rejected so we approached to HR and asked feedback, what she was looking for.
She said Grammar and clarity in speech are two things she is looking for.

Interview Question – The thing which happened in GD was unexpected, So keep their requirement in mind, Don't speak too much during and make sure whatever your speak should be in proper grammar.   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steria in June 2013.

Interview Details – I initially approached the company and they were very efficient and forthcoming with information and details about the company and role. The process was just the right length and paperwork dispatched efficiently.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just a good in depth question and answer session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I laid out my expectations prior to the process starting and they were very accommodating.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steria.

Interview Details – An initial telephone interview, then a face2face interview with hiring manager and HR. Pretty basic questions, nothing tasking. It was more a chat than an interview. This though underestimates the demand of the job. Dont be fooled. You will work under stress and then more and noone will thank u

Interview Question – How have you a managed a higly technical team that have no time for you   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Assistant Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steria in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was in year 3 and I knew about the job from my university website. I sent an application email with my resume and I got a call someday later. They asked about my school projects and experience I have with certain languages (Java). I think I answered ok and I got a call that I was accepted as an intern 1 day later.

Interview Question – What project did you do that id relevant to this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Steria.

Interview Details – Not very structured interview. Interviewer didn't know too much about the market. Need to gen up on the industry specifically and current issues, future trends etc.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were faced with a challenge and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much flexibility in salary, go for a bigger bonus

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Salisbury, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Steria.

Interview Details – Professional: telephone technical interview followed by face-to-face interview with panel of two.

Interview Question – Explain what a spin lock is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation: take or leave offer.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Steria in July 2008.

Interview Details – Head Hunted, telephone interview followed by face to face

Interview Question – All qustions were straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Steria in September 2011.

Interview Details – Recruitment Consultant was very friendly and kept me up to date with what was going on regularly, even if it was just a quick call to say he was waiting for information. Agreed on an initial interview date, however one of the interviewers cancelled it and it was rescheduled 2 weeks later, no reason given for this.

I arrived at the Hemel Hempstead office, there was no parking at all - ended up parking on the road, something to bear in mind if you drive in. Was kept waiting 15 minutes past my agreed interview time, reception area was nice enough though so not a big deal.

Overall atmosphere of the office was very strange, everyone looked miserable and quiet. One of my interviewers commented to me that everyone was lazy and never worked. Not the best first impression.

Interview was competency based, seemed very badly structured though, interviewers seemed more interested in getting me in and out than hearing what I had to say. Three interviewers, one of the interviewers kept looking around the room, not interested at all - extremely unprofessional behaviour. The only time he did speak up was when he asked if I'd heard anything bad about the company. The other two seemed okay and made notes and asked a lot of competency related questions.

Whole interview was over in around 25 minutes, I asked a number of questions about the company, all were answered somewhat negatively, almost got the impression they were trying to put me off!

As I left one of the interviewers commented on how lazy and useless the people in the office were as we walked through. I'd made my mind up at this point I wouldn't accept an offer if it came my way, absolutely no respect for employees in my opinion.

Was assured I would be given an answer within 2 days. To this date, I've never had a call or email from them. I even tried speaking to the Recruitment Consultant and he doesn't return my calls. In my opinion I would be very careful making a decision to interview here.

Interview Questions

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Steria in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial meeting, in-depth meeting. Discussions around network, experience and type of projetcs completed

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – do not take the first offer - discuss the different models in detalis

Worked for Steria? Contribute to the Community!