Steria Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was an on campus interview for our college.The first round was a tech cum apps written test.it lasted for 50 mins with 50 questions.The question paper was divided into two sections aptitude and technical.Aptitude consisted general topics like numerical series,average,ages,probability ,time and distance , syllogism,simple and compound interest and logical reasoning questions.For preparing for this R.S.agarwal is enough. Technical consisted of c,c++,dbms questions.more preference was given to dbms only.Luckily I cleared the first round. 2nd round: group discussion Out of 85students appeared 24 was shortlisted for gd.it was divided into 2 groups 12 in each. The main criteria noted was your fluency, expressing skills ,attitude,and proper content.12 were selected in the gd. 3rd round: personal hr round The hr was very friendly with us.first she asked about tell me about yourself for testing our confidence and attitude.Then she asked about general questions like why you choose steria,what do you expect from company ,etc.Always answer with a positive attitude because thats what they expect.Finally she asked about positive and negatives and about extra curricular skills as I was a website developer she asked me to create a website for her.It was really fun actually. Eventually I cleared this round. Final round:Technical hr Out of 12,10 appeared for this round. The next day they called us for the interview in their office campus itself. This round was actually tough.They drilled about datastructures, java,DBMS.The hr told me to write an SQL query.Nothing deep general dml and ddl statements only.so be clear and thorough with that. Then he asked about my project and told to explain about my job in that project.i.e what role I have played for building it and technical aspects associated with it.so choose your projects wisely and be thorough with it from top to bottom. All rounds were over and we were waiting for the results. Out of 10,8 people were selected and it was a proud moment seeing my name in the selected candidates list. It was a wonderful feeling and you should definitely experience that special moment in your life. Hope you give your best☺

Interview Questions

• Write a.SQL.query for selecting the second top most salary of an employee from employee table.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steria (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

One round on-site interview. The interview starts with basic self introduction, tell your experience and what project you have done so far. Then they ask the reason you applied this position, your interests and they also introduced their projects and see if you have anything interested. Followed by the technical questions, including basic algorithm questions etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience and can you demo what you have done?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steria (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

first interview tell about the projects you have done nice talking to a technical manager for 50 mins second interview 12mins dont know what happened run through your resume---then ask me do you have any question for me ---the interview just last 12mins

Interview Questions

• run through your resume---then ask me do you have any question for me ---the interview just last 12mins   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steria (New Delhi (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was in-campus drive. Minimum eligibility was 70% in 10th and 12th,60% in college and no active backlog. 1st round was written test, Time duration was 50 minutes and 50 MCQ were asked from- SQL(many questions) networking,software engineering,microprocessor,computer architecture(few questions), logical and reasoning(many questions). Not even a single question on C/C++/or any programming language. Questions was easy ,level of paper was not difficult. I was not prepared for computer architecture and microprocessor but still cleared the exam.Basic knowledge of SQL will be very helpful. After that presentation from the company,she clearly told us what qualities they are looking in us, so keep your ears open during presentation. Then result came out and they didn't select so many students. Immediately after announcing result they stared the group discussion. Group of 10 students was created and our topic was "Arvind kejriwal and his party". It was very healthy discussion and 8 out 10 people were speaking.In the end she asked for everyone's conclusion one by one. 3 got selected and one who didn't utter even a single word during the discussion but spoke during conclusion was one of them(His point in conclusion was bad). Me and my friend was rejected so we approached to HR and asked feedback, what she was looking for. She said Grammar and clarity in speech are two things she is looking for.

Interview Questions

• The thing which happened in GD was unexpected, So keep their requirement in mind, Don't speak too much during and make sure whatever your speak should be in proper grammar.   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steria (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially approached the company and they were very efficient and forthcoming with information and details about the company and role. The process was just the right length and paperwork dispatched efficiently.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just a good in depth question and answer session.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I laid out my expectations prior to the process starting and they were very accommodating.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steria (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

An initial telephone interview, then a face2face interview with hiring manager and HR. Pretty basic questions, nothing tasking. It was more a chat than an interview. This though underestimates the demand of the job. Dont be fooled. You will work under stress and then more and noone will thank u

Interview Questions

• How have you a managed a higly technical team that have no time for you   Answer Question

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steria (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

One stage, face to face. Lasted approx 90 mins. 60 mins of competency questions - 30 minutes discussing the company. Questioning was fairly basic - no curve balls - straight forward competency based, no presentations etc required.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the full recruitment process from your previous role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told unooficailly they were intending to offer - took approx 2 weeks for the official verbal offer to come through. Then a further 3 weeks for the paperwork to arrive. The manager who offered had left the business by the time I started.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Steria (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)).

Interview

Not very structured interview. Interviewer didn't know too much about the market. Need to gen up on the industry specifically and current issues, future trends etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were faced with a challenge and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much flexibility in salary, go for a bigger bonus

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steria (Salisbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Professional: telephone technical interview followed by face-to-face interview with panel of two.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a spin lock is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation: take or leave offer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Steria in September 2011.

Interview

Recruitment Consultant was very friendly and kept me up to date with what was going on regularly, even if it was just a quick call to say he was waiting for information. Agreed on an initial interview date, however one of the interviewers cancelled it and it was rescheduled 2 weeks later, no reason given for this. I arrived at the Hemel Hempstead office, there was no parking at all - ended up parking on the road, something to bear in mind if you drive in. Was kept waiting 15 minutes past my agreed interview time, reception area was nice enough though so not a big deal. Overall atmosphere of the office was very strange, everyone looked miserable and quiet. One of my interviewers commented to me that everyone was lazy and never worked. Not the best first impression. Interview was competency based, seemed very badly structured though, interviewers seemed more interested in getting me in and out than hearing what I had to say. Three interviewers, one of the interviewers kept looking around the room, not interested at all - extremely unprofessional behaviour. The only time he did speak up was when he asked if I'd heard anything bad about the company. The other two seemed okay and made notes and asked a lot of competency related questions. Whole interview was over in around 25 minutes, I asked a number of questions about the company, all were answered somewhat negatively, almost got the impression they were trying to put me off! As I left one of the interviewers commented on how lazy and useless the people in the office were as we walked through. I'd made my mind up at this point I wouldn't accept an offer if it came my way, absolutely no respect for employees in my opinion. Was assured I would be given an answer within 2 days. To this date, I've never had a call or email from them. I even tried speaking to the Recruitment Consultant and he doesn't return my calls. In my opinion I would be very careful making a decision to interview here.