Stericycle Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
22 interviews

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stericycle.

Interviewed with office management and took several typing tests, grammar quizzes, and memory tests. The office staff was out in the open and very inquisitive. The environment felt "cheap".

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stericycle in January 2010.

INexperienced managers interviewed me. Expecations were not clearly met. Whole process took about 30 minutes or less. The questions asked were remedial for a college grad with no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you been working for the past 5 months.   View Answer
    There was none.

Sharps Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake City, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Lake City, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stericycle in April 2014.

I was interview by the district manager and the manager over the techs. I had a very positive experience with the hiring managers. I was nervous at first but when the interview started i became comfortable with the managers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your most difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Transportation Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Stericycle in March 2014.

Was to short, not enough questions to bring out my qualifications.

Sharps Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Stericycle.

Online app, then 1st phone interview, 2nd in person

Interview Questions
    They gave lowest possible dollar amount; I accepted lowest possible dollar amount

Sharps Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stericycle.

I was contacted by a local supervisor and was asked to come to their office for a formal interview. I said of course and was given the address. What I didn't account for was the location of this so-called office and soon once I was inside did I realize just how trashy it was inside. Middle of nowhere office and inside was an ancient soda machine and run down office rooms. I was interviewed in a drafty room by an overweight "supervisor" who was telling me the woes of the job whilst making subtle hints that I would find the job difficult because I was female. I assured him that was not the case and I felt as though I would make an excellent addition to his team. After 2 weeks of waiting, I received a random phone call from an odd number and it was the supervisor offering me a position with the company. My hiring process was by far the most ridiculous one that I have ever been put through. I was forced to come in right after a holiday to perform trainings, my supervisor took ages to schedule appointments for a drug test, physical assessment and various other tests that were required before I was fully on-boarded. Almost a month later and I was finally fully on board. I would not go through that again.

Interview Questions
    • Does being female concern you, as most of our technicians are male?   View Answer
    No negotiation was allowed. I would advise others to be adamant with what pay bracket they want and stand firm.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bannockburn, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stericycle.

VP was very strange but was clearly not the one running the operation.

Interview Questions
    Ask for extra vacation and $$ and get it in writing

Quality Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stericycle in July 2013.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then two additional interviews. Everyone was extremely friendly and down to earth but thorough.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question came from the VP. She asked (can't remember exactly) what process I would use to identify and track a problem or trend on the floor (warehouse) and report it back with solutions.   Answer Question
    I was offered $5K less than I asked and only able to negotiate $1000K more. Had I known they had less vacation days than most companies I've worked for I would have pushed a little harder.

Sharps Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Stericycle in October 2012.

I first had a phone interview with the "big office." Once I made it through that, I met up with the regional supervisor at my hospital for the first of two interviews. I thought that day that I had the job, but didn't hear back from him for almost a month... When I did hear back and go for the second interview, it was pretty much him telling me I got the job.

I was asked which days/hours I would like to work, told the salary (I didn't fight it)... I am the only Stericycle employee at the hospital, no boss on premises.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stericycle.

There was no interview beyond a computer test. It was just being warm bodies to fill the seats.

Interview Questions
    It was an offer of pay no interview, poor pay

Worked for Stericycle? Contribute to the Community!