Sterling Commerce

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Account Executive/Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Account Executive/Senior Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in September 2010.

Interview Details – Direct hiring manager (director) was most important person to impress with sales methodology, but additional input from his Regional VP and other internal references was key to selection. Cultural fit important, but results (fast) were primary metric...

Interview Question – Determine which side of the business you would be responsible for - MFT (Connect Direct), EDI (VAN Managed Services B2B), or any of the SCM solutions (now integrated into IBM's Websphere portfolio) that had been the result of several acquisitions (Comergent CPQ, Yantra WMS, Nistevo TMS, OMS, SCV, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had accepted an internal promotion and was advised of little room for negotiation. However, was aware of more senior peers having negotiated key accounts and bluebirds ripe for conversion in first quarter/half of fiscal year...

Very Easy Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Lowell, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very simple and confused interview cycle where the questions were themselves simple, but the interviewers seemed unprepared. Not much thought given to the concept of vision, product strategy, competitive environment or key differentiators. You expect the interviewers to be more knowledgeable about these areas than the candidates but that did not appear to be case with most I spoke with.

Interview Question – "If you were a tree, what kind would you be?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy going - got them up $10k from initial offer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sterling Commerce.

Interview Details – Written - analytical. Technical face to face - mostly database questions and about previous project.

Interview Question – complex SQL queries   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Sterling Commerce in July 2009.

Interview Details – Here Interview process is very good. HR team is awesome . They are very Kind and co operative .
Interview process includes three rounds, 1 technical , 1 technical&management followed by HR round.

Interview Question – They asked us to estimate Testing effort to test software calculator   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Puzzles - average difficulty rate - eg sending a box with locks to friend etc
2. Java - Questions on Strings, Constructors, Threading
3. Some questions related to work at current company
4.Questions on final years project - I was not prepared for this.

The focus was on basic intelligence, programming concepts, good understanding of Java fundamentals

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate much. Should have negotiated

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in March 2009.

Interview Details – First step is written test , after clearing that depending on the post applied for multiple face to face rounds are scheduled. In this discussion could be technical on soft skills , on past experience . Proper feedback is provided by the interviewer to the department head & final round is managerial round in which sometimes Salary related questions are also discussed.

Interview Question – About Past Experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes

Test Manager Interview

Test Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed. The interviewer had several categories against which he asked questions. It took about 2 hours. Very comprehensive interview with both technical and managerial aspects covered. This was followed by a phone interview with his peer in order to ascertain attitude of test manager vis a vis development.

Interview Question – How long would you wait before you fire a team member? Have you ever fired anybody? How would you introduce change in an existing team?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in February 2008.

Interview Details – Phone screen, met with VP

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Was not really looking to make a change

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sterling Commerce in February 2010.

Interview Details – Short phone interview, followed by a one on one meeting...some in depth discussion on vertical markets penetrated and some success stories. Was asked for some detailed account info which I did not reveal - interview lasted approximately 90 minutes and was basic Q & A ...background, biggest challenges faced etc and then discuss some of your successes

Interview Question – What was your biggest success at your current employer? What was the associated revenue from that success?   Answer Question

Worked for Sterling Commerce? Contribute to the Community!