Sterling Infosystems

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.2

Account Executive Interview

Saw a job posting on Craigslist, responded and heard back quickly, but follow up communication was poor. Scheduled an initial phone screening. On the phone screening the HR rep repeatedly made up statistics and seemed very shady. Claimed to be on the "top 10 of the Inc 5,000" and was not (I was on Inc's website during the call and asked about this specifically).

Job posting said top earners make multiple six figure incomes, yet expected salary was $40K and you could expect to make $75K if a promotion was received.

Would not allow me to speak to any current employees to ask about their job, this is generally a big red flag. I asked about employee satisfaction as most reviews here on glassdoor are negative and the HR rep claimed "any company has bad reviews, there are plenty of good ones on glassdoor too" but I cannot seem to find any.

Interview Questions

Was offered an interview but the company seems not credible, doesn't seem to care about their employees and this is important to me.

Account Manager Interview

As Sterling always does, they bought my company and I was offered a job to stay. Acquisition fall out - I was able to stay when they fired 90% of the company and have their jobs being performed in India.

Interview Questions
    not applicable. if i wanted a job i was to accept the terms.

Account Manager Interview

So many interviews! Phone, then in person with several people individually, then conference calls. Most of them asking the same questions. Not sure why it couldn't be all at once. No formality to questions. Disjointed, unorganized. Still pretty friendly group to talk to. People seem nice, just harried.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - really felt like just meeting a new person. A lot of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Take some kind of strange IQ test, go through a couple of rounds with senior leadership, and pray it's not the best opportunity you have.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

The interview process was easy. On the first interview I was pretty much offered the managerial position I had applied for. I was called back for a 2nd interview, only to be asked "So, are you coming on board?". The process was deceiving for what was yet to come though. Like someone else here mentioned, the company is ran by the CEO. He is a micromanager, and nothing goes on without his complete approval. While there were pros (At first), such as a nice office setting, a company party (I just lucked out and arrived to it), company travel with nice accomodations (I got upgraded based on my personal profile), there were far to many cons. I would have to caution anyone thinking that they could make a career with this company. There is a small "click" that will remain there probably forever, and the rest... Are lucky if they make it a year. Employees are targeted, and then terminated fairly quickly after sufficient documentation is gathered. The same instances can occur with other employees (Because these situations are generally very minuet but are written in a way that makes the situation look far worse than it is) if you open their (Managements) eyes to unethical actions that take place - you will be gone sooner than later. That includes mentioning sexual harrasment. I was made to fire about 8-10 employees in my short time there, and I didn't last a year despite the fact that I hit my goals every single time (I did get my bonus check for that). The company has telemarketers who work from home(Very low pay) and it appears that some of the glowing remarks on there are from such employees (Who've never interacted with other employees or managment but just clients). The pay in general is low, for all other than top management.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. I was offered an amount, I counteroffered and it was accepted however 25% of my salary was then offered in the form of a bonus (Which I received).

IT Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

First interview was a phone interview with the recruiting firm. Typical IT experience questions, no technical questions. Next was a "face to face" in the NYC office. The hiring manager was located in GA so it was simply a video conference. No difficult questions, just process experience. It was a very basic and easy process once I got outside of the recruiting firm.

Interview Questions
    It was a mess. The company would call me or email me and I would respond to them. Then I would get a call from the recruiting company who would scold me not to talk directly to my potential employer.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems in October 2007.

Process started through a recruiting firm. Once an initial interview with the recruiter was conducted, a phone interview with the Director of HR was done which proceeded to a face to face with the Director of HR. Within 2 days I was invited back in, took a personality assessment, an intelligence test, and interviewed with the VP of Sales. I waited for several hours and was interviewed by the President. I was then extended an offer based on the completion of a full background and drug screen. When those results cleared several days later, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you excited by not knowing what your day is going to be like or do you need a routine and expectation of what you're going to do every day?   View Answer
    • How much money do you want to make?   View Answer
    Quick - I had no leverage coming from a startup that didn't go places fast enough. I needed to pay rent.

Quality Control Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Regression testing concept

Voice/Training Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Face to face interview with three rounds of interview. The first one being the HR round the other with the functional Director and the third being with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • During the second round of interview the functional head/director asked me about my 2 strengths and then 2 weaknesses I replied about the strength and then said the two weaknesses. He listened quietly till I was done and then asked, "what was the first weakness you said?". It was a very smart question to understand if the interviewee is telling the truth or not, because if you are not trust me by the time you complete you tend to forget what you said before you are usually expecting a different question.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems in September 2012.

Two rounds and easily cleared, No technical question asked,

Negotiate for a higher salary, once inside the company it will remain stagnant for years no matter how well you perform