Sterling Infosystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to state I was invited to a phone screen. An email was sent so that I could set up the phone interview online using a scheduler. After I selected the time and date I was sent a confirmation with the ability to cancel or reschedule if needed. The phone interview was very professional and lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the phone interview I was told I was invited to move on to an in-person interview. Again was sent a link to the scheduler to pick a time and date. However, at this time the location is TBD and it is taking them a bit longer than wished for to send an update to the location (2 weeks at this time).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used Saftey in your everyday life?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Saw a job posting on Craigslist, responded and heard back quickly, but follow up communication was poor. Scheduled an initial phone screening. On the phone screening the HR rep repeatedly made up statistics and seemed very shady. Claimed to be on the "top 10 of the Inc 5,000" and was not (I was on Inc's website during the call and asked about this specifically).

Job posting said top earners make multiple six figure incomes, yet expected salary was $40K and you could expect to make $75K if a promotion was received.

Would not allow me to speak to any current employees to ask about their job, this is generally a big red flag. I asked about employee satisfaction as most reviews here on glassdoor are negative and the HR rep claimed "any company has bad reviews, there are plenty of good ones on glassdoor too" but I cannot seem to find any.

Interview Questions

Was offered an interview but the company seems not credible, doesn't seem to care about their employees and this is important to me.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

As Sterling always does, they bought my company and I was offered a job to stay. Acquisition fall out - I was able to stay when they fired 90% of the company and have their jobs being performed in India.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not applicable. if i wanted a job i was to accept the terms.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

So many interviews! Phone, then in person with several people individually, then conference calls. Most of them asking the same questions. Not sure why it couldn't be all at once. No formality to questions. Disjointed, unorganized. Still pretty friendly group to talk to. People seem nice, just harried.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - really felt like just meeting a new person. A lot of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Business Process Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Interview

Take some kind of strange IQ test, go through a couple of rounds with senior leadership, and pray it's not the best opportunity you have.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Interview

The interview process was easy. On the first interview I was pretty much offered the managerial position I had applied for. I was called back for a 2nd interview, only to be asked "So, are you coming on board?". The process was deceiving for what was yet to come though. Like someone else here mentioned, the company is ran by the CEO. He is a micromanager, and nothing goes on without his complete approval. While there were pros (At first), such as a nice office setting, a company party (I just lucked out and arrived to it), company travel with nice accomodations (I got upgraded based on my personal profile), there were far to many cons. I would have to caution anyone thinking that they could make a career with this company. There is a small "click" that will remain there probably forever, and the rest... Are lucky if they make it a year. Employees are targeted, and then terminated fairly quickly after sufficient documentation is gathered. The same instances can occur with other employees (Because these situations are generally very minuet but are written in a way that makes the situation look far worse than it is) if you open their (Managements) eyes to unethical actions that take place - you will be gone sooner than later. That includes mentioning sexual harrasment. I was made to fire about 8-10 employees in my short time there, and I didn't last a year despite the fact that I hit my goals every single time (I did get my bonus check for that). The company has telemarketers who work from home(Very low pay) and it appears that some of the glowing remarks on there are from such employees (Who've never interacted with other employees or managment but just clients). The pay in general is low, for all other than top management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. I was offered an amount, I counteroffered and it was accepted however 25% of my salary was then offered in the form of a bonus (Which I received).

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the recruiting firm. Typical IT experience questions, no technical questions. Next was a "face to face" in the NYC office. The hiring manager was located in GA so it was simply a video conference. No difficult questions, just process experience. It was a very basic and easy process once I got outside of the recruiting firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a mess. The company would call me or email me and I would respond to them. Then I would get a call from the recruiting company who would scold me not to talk directly to my potential employer.

Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems (Independence, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I sat in with a supervisor and a team lead. The supervisor asked most of the interview questions. The team lead (more or less) was sitting in on the interview as a learning experience. The interview was one day. They will perform a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• I really cannot remember any questions. However, no question really surprised me.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sterling Infosystems (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Process started through a recruiting firm. Once an initial interview with the recruiter was conducted, a phone interview with the Director of HR was done which proceeded to a face to face with the Director of HR. Within 2 days I was invited back in, took a personality assessment, an intelligence test, and interviewed with the VP of Sales. I waited for several hours and was interviewed by the President. I was then extended an offer based on the completion of a full background and drug screen. When those results cleared several days later, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you excited by not knowing what your day is going to be like or do you need a routine and expectation of what you're going to do every day?   1 Answer
    • How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick - I had no leverage coming from a startup that didn't go places fast enough. I needed to pay rent.

Quality Control Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sterling Infosystems.

Interview

Regression testing concept