Sterling Jewelers Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Lockport, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Very informal, although the company does provide a formal way of conducting it. Every manager is going to have a different style. Some ask you to bring a resume, some don't. Some interview based on the company questions and then probe deeper, some ask the company questions and seem to receive nothing out of it. Some people also don't ask company questions at all and sometimes even already have someone in mind. Typical stuff.

Interview Questions

• Difficult time this, challenge that, etc. Basic   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sterling Jewelers

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy interview process. They had pretty much already decided to hire me before the interview, i felt like. I had 2 interviews with store managers and then took the offer. Everyone in the store I started out at was much older than me and had been there for a long time. It took a little while for them to warm up to me but they are fantastic people and I really enjoyed working in that location.

Interview Questions

• there really weren't any, however they asked me to agree to a drug test and background check, which they didn't do either of. I did, however, have to complete an extensive personality test (which was 100% common sense).   Answer Question

Negotiation

i negotiated pay and promotion time frame based on my personal management experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Raleigh, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with the store manager of the store I was interviewing for. Kay Jewelers promotes from within so I had already been working for Kay for almost 2 years when I had this interview. They ask questions about managing, delegating, sterling selling system, and coaching.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a sale took a lot of time and work on your part and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Location was too far from home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Albany, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

very pleasant well informed