Sterling Jewelers

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. They had pretty much already decided to hire me before the interview, i felt like. I had 2 interviews with store managers and then took the offer. Everyone in the store I started out at was much older than me and had been there for a long time. It took a little while for them to warm up to me but they are fantastic people and I really enjoyed working in that location.

Interview Question – there really weren't any, however they asked me to agree to a drug test and background check, which they didn't do either of.
I did, however, have to complete an extensive personality test (which was 100% common sense).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i negotiated pay and promotion time frame based on my personal management experience.

Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with the store manager of the store I was interviewing for. Kay Jewelers promotes from within so I had already been working for Kay for almost 2 years when I had this interview. They ask questions about managing, delegating, sterling selling system, and coaching.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where a sale took a lot of time and work on your part and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location was too far from home.

Very Easy Interview

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in January 2011.

Interview Details – very pleasant well informed

Interview Question – willing to start parttime   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sterling Jewelers

Worked for Sterling Jewelers? Contribute to the Community!