Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.4

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

Common questions about Excel experiences (vlookups/pivot tables), understanding store turns. Really looking for someone that is passionate about numbers. They want someone who is a self starter, can challenge the merchants if needed and who works well independently.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

It was pretty easy. I spoke with someone from Human Resources who then sent me to speak to a manager in the department I would be working in. He was nice and told me what the salary would be. I was then sent back to the HR rep who gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about experience you have in customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Took 4 days no n on o n on n no n o no n on on no n ono ncgfdjsdf sd fg sdf gsd fg sdf gsdf gs dfgsdfg

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

They hire almost anybody.The district managers are of extremely poor quality. They talk you down, they answer questions with questions. They do now put any positive input into the career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Waterbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Quite easy. Just have to convince that you have potential. Also a lot of discussion regarding your previous job. If you didn't have any job before it will be hard to answer any question they have. Make sure you dress properly and are comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented ? What steps you take to meet goals ?   Answer Question

Retail Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in May 2015.

Interview

It wasn't too bad, the guy whom I interviewed with was nice, but unlike other interviews for this company where I read that it was more of a conversation, mine was not like that. Most of the questions were the normal questions you would expect. Overall, good experience, I would interview again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

The interview was a brutal one hour review of sales that did not relate to any other positions I have had before. I might get a position with this company if they have something available. There are not many jewelry stores hiring and this fits in what I want to do for a living, kind of disappointed. Why hire people who have no interest working with jewelry?

Interview Questions

• If you have worked in retail before, what is your sales product goals, sales per hour, etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with different levels of management. They all ask you the same questions over and over again, so be prepared to repeat yourself numerous times. Make the job your own and the job is sure to be yours. Even if you know nothing about the business, they are still willing to work with you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Online application process is quick, and gives you an idea of what a day in the life of a sales associate means at Sterling Jewelers. Process takes roughly an hour to complete. You can select up to 5 store locations that you would like to work at, or select a specific store if you have been referred. With or without Jewelery experience, the online application process is easy, and gives a job seeker a good idea of what it means to be part of the sterling Jewelers sales team. I was contacted within 48 hours upon completion of my application to come in for an interview, and my first day of work started the following week!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be late for work?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

the process it to long now was better before. when i interviewed the process only took about two days but now it takes weeks , The first part being only on line is quite stand off . no personal interaction .