Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Applied in store with a referral from one of the sales associates (they get a referral bonus - $50). Got a call within 2 weeks for an interview. Got interviewed by one manager on the floor and then took a test (to see if you'd steal ect.) and got the job.

Interview Questions
    I should have asked for more.

Do Not Want to Comment Interview

do not want to participate

no comment

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

4 basic interviews about your sales back round and what your goals are as sales person.

Interview Questions

pay was way to low for what i was making before

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in October 2013.

I posted my interest in promotion several years ago. I have been contacted several times with the request to move which was mutually decided to be a poor choice for me. When my own location opened up, I interviewed three times over the phone. Once with my district manager and twice with my Regional Vice President. My VP asked me to put together a growth plan should I be given the position. I wrote out a three page action plan, it was reviewed and I was asked to adjust it on several points.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was "What does it take to work for you?" She was asking where my passions lay as a manager to a team of 10 to 15 people. She wanted to know what my non negotiable were and where I placed my personal focus.   View Answer
    There was one offer given and it exceeded my expectation. I was in a knowledgeable position regarding my peer's salary and would not have been given a second offer had I negotiated for more.

Repair Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Bench test. Behavioral interview. PDI. Second interview. Hurry up and wait.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult for someone who has been in the industry for about a year or so.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Wage generator, we are told, compiles the information to spit out a wage.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in September 2013.

One of THE BEST onboarding processes I have ever experienced! I applied and the next day I got a call for my first interview. It mainly consisted of standard questions and a review of my resume. It was the the first of 3 interviews in total over 3days. CUDOS TO KAY for this as most other companies i've experienced take weeks to get to a job offer if not longer!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just Google "standard interview questions" and you got it.   Answer Question
    In the 3rd interview it was stated they feed your information into a software program and that spits out your hourly base pay. There is no negotiation. Retail positions are typically pretty low on base salary and the offer fell in line with this fact but was slightly above industry standards and did offer attractive insurance and tuition assistance options.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

The interview was a positive experience. Though I worked for the company prior to the interview the manager wanted to do a one on one formal interview to get to know me as an individual. I was asked the basic questions of what I knew about the company, specific things I enjoyed and didn't enjoyed about the job, If I wanted to move up in the company and how long I planned on working with the company if hired. I was asked how I would deal with certain personalities and scenarios. What customer service means to me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel any of the questions were difficult. Though when I was considered to be rehired, I again had to take a 2 part test which had randomized questions on it. I assumed it's a personality/common sense test. Not sure if they still give theses tests out now.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spotsylvania, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spotsylvania, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Is a joke. The manager that interviewed me told me he forgot about the interview because he had a hangover.

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in July 2013.

Work and office culture seemed very well put together. Interview process was professional and well organized.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult case you have had to deal with at a previous employer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in July 2013.

long interview done bye 2 people most time manager and assistant manager. Questions about times you were put in difficult situations

talk about benifits