Sterling Jewelers

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.4

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Background check, drug screening, honesty screening

Interview Questions
    • Would you steal in order to fund drugs necessary for the care of your close relative, and pay back when you had the opportunity?   View Answer
    Be reasonable and be willing to walk away

Bill of Goods Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

The online application process is very slick and is, so far, the most impressive part of the company. The interview was a standard issue two step interview. The interview seemed to indicate this company gave an above average potential to make money among other hourly wage jobs.
    Expect to give detailed answers!

Interview Questions
    • -What was the achievement in your life in which you were most proud?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Wages are determined by a wage generating software program which, in no way, assigns a decent wage in relation to one's experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application. Minimum 2 interviews. Testing, background and credit check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offer what they have on a list and you accept or decline.

IT Analyst Interview

HR staff was uncomfortable to be around. She had a grimace on her face the whole time.

Prepare to be turned down. Ask for more vacation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Applied in store with a referral from one of the sales associates (they get a referral bonus - $50). Got a call within 2 weeks for an interview. Got interviewed by one manager on the floor and then took a test (to see if you'd steal ect.) and got the job.

Interview Questions
    I should have asked for more.

Do Not Want to Comment Interview

do not want to participate

no comment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

4 basic interviews about your sales back round and what your goals are as sales person.

Interview Questions

pay was way to low for what i was making before

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers in October 2013.

I posted my interest in promotion several years ago. I have been contacted several times with the request to move which was mutually decided to be a poor choice for me. When my own location opened up, I interviewed three times over the phone. Once with my district manager and twice with my Regional Vice President. My VP asked me to put together a growth plan should I be given the position. I wrote out a three page action plan, it was reviewed and I was asked to adjust it on several points.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was "What does it take to work for you?" She was asking where my passions lay as a manager to a team of 10 to 15 people. She wanted to know what my non negotiable were and where I placed my personal focus.   View Answer
    There was one offer given and it exceeded my expectation. I was in a knowledgeable position regarding my peer's salary and would not have been given a second offer had I negotiated for more.

Repair Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Bench test. Behavioral interview. PDI. Second interview. Hurry up and wait.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult for someone who has been in the industry for about a year or so.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Wage generator, we are told, compiles the information to spit out a wage.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers in September 2013.

One of THE BEST onboarding processes I have ever experienced! I applied and the next day I got a call for my first interview. It mainly consisted of standard questions and a review of my resume. It was the the first of 3 interviews in total over 3days. CUDOS TO KAY for this as most other companies i've experienced take weeks to get to a job offer if not longer!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just Google "standard interview questions" and you got it.   Answer Question
    In the 3rd interview it was stated they feed your information into a software program and that spits out your hourly base pay. There is no negotiation. Retail positions are typically pretty low on base salary and the offer fell in line with this fact but was slightly above industry standards and did offer attractive insurance and tuition assistance options.