Sterling Jewelers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Kay Jeweelers Interview

Kay Jeweelers
Elizabethtown, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in April 2013.

Interview Details – Called, interviewed, discussed qualifications, accepted, started working.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you getting a Credit App a day?   Answer Question

Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in July 2013.

Interview Details – long interview done bye 2 people most time manager and assistant manager. Questions about times you were put in difficult situations

Interview Question – average just be prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – talk about benifits

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in September 2013.

Interview Details – One of THE BEST onboarding processes I have ever experienced! I applied and the next day I got a call for my first interview. It mainly consisted of standard questions and a review of my resume. It was the the first of 3 interviews in total over 3days. CUDOS TO KAY for this as most other companies i've experienced take weeks to get to a job offer if not longer!

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just Google "standard interview questions" and you got it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the 3rd interview it was stated they feed your information into a software program and that spits out your hourly base pay. There is no negotiation. Retail positions are typically pretty low on base salary and the offer fell in line with this fact but was slightly above industry standards and did offer attractive insurance and tuition assistance options.

Repair Manager Interview

Repair Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview Details – Bench test. Behavioral interview. PDI. Second interview. Hurry up and wait.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult for someone who has been in the industry for about a year or so.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Wage generator, we are told, compiles the information to spit out a wage.

Beachwood, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in August 2010.

Interview Details – Submit Application online
Interview with Hiring Manager
Interview with Store of Employment Manager
Begin Work

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate

Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in July 2013.

Interview Details – Work and office culture seemed very well put together. Interview process was professional and well organized.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult case you have had to deal with at a previous employer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview Details – The interview was a positive experience. Though I worked for the company prior to the interview the manager wanted to do a one on one formal interview to get to know me as an individual. I was asked the basic questions of what I knew about the company, specific things I enjoyed and didn't enjoyed about the job, If I wanted to move up in the company and how long I planned on working with the company if hired. I was asked how I would deal with certain personalities and scenarios. What customer service means to me.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any of the questions were difficult. Though when I was considered to be rehired, I again had to take a 2 part test which had randomized questions on it. I assumed it's a personality/common sense test. Not sure if they still give theses tests out now.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Spotsylvania, VA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview Details – Is a joke. The manager that interviewed me told me he forgot about the interview because he had a hangover.

Interview Question – There were no questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy. It was a series of 2 interviews at different Kay locations. First interview consisted of standard questions, what is your background, how would you respond in this situation, that sort of thing. Pretty straight forward. If you be yourself, you will be fine. Very informal and relaxed, usually with an assistant manager.
Second interview is usually with the manager. Also, very easy, standard. More questions are asked about your past job experiences, and how they will transfer to Sterling. Be yourself, be comfortable will selling, and you will be fine.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They use a computer program to decide your hourly wage. I took a pay cut to work for Sterling.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. They had pretty much already decided to hire me before the interview, i felt like. I had 2 interviews with store managers and then took the offer. Everyone in the store I started out at was much older than me and had been there for a long time. It took a little while for them to warm up to me but they are fantastic people and I really enjoyed working in that location.

Interview Question – there really weren't any, however they asked me to agree to a drug test and background check, which they didn't do either of.
I did, however, have to complete an extensive personality test (which was 100% common sense).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i negotiated pay and promotion time frame based on my personal management experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sterling Jewelers