Sterling Jewelers Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Online application process is quick, and gives you an idea of what a day in the life of a sales associate means at Sterling Jewelers. Process takes roughly an hour to complete. You can select up to 5 store locations that you would like to work at, or select a specific store if you have been referred. With or without Jewelery experience, the online application process is easy, and gives a job seeker a good idea of what it means to be part of the sterling Jewelers sales team. I was contacted within 48 hours upon completion of my application to come in for an interview, and my first day of work started the following week!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be late for work?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for Sterling Jewelers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Basic customer service questions. They like for you to be outgoing/have a pretty strong but flexible personality to show ability to sell and work with people well. You need to be flexible with hours as well- expect to work weekends because that's when you make money.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers in June 2014.

Interview

Had face to face interview which took about 20 minutes, about an hour after I left I received a phone call that I was going to be setting up a 2nd interview which was a phone interview. The phone interview took about 15 minutes or less.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

You have to take an online test, after awhile you do a quick phone convo and the a one on one interview, be prepared to try and sell anything(pen, stapler). A possible second interview after that.

Interview Questions

• just try to be honest and do research so you can ask questions as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they calculate your pay by experience and other factors more knowledge more pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

They give you two interviews. The second one you will be asked to sell a pen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do a wage engine you have no say.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Application. Minimum 2 interviews. Testing, background and credit check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer what they have on a list and you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in store with a referral from one of the sales associates (they get a referral bonus - $50). Got a call within 2 weeks for an interview. Got interviewed by one manager on the floor and then took a test (to see if you'd steal ect.) and got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

4 basic interviews about your sales back round and what your goals are as sales person.

Interview Questions

pay was way to low for what i was making before

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

The interview was a positive experience. Though I worked for the company prior to the interview the manager wanted to do a one on one formal interview to get to know me as an individual. I was asked the basic questions of what I knew about the company, specific things I enjoyed and didn't enjoyed about the job, If I wanted to move up in the company and how long I planned on working with the company if hired. I was asked how I would deal with certain personalities and scenarios. What customer service means to me.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel any of the questions were difficult. Though when I was considered to be rehired, I again had to take a 2 part test which had randomized questions on it. I assumed it's a personality/common sense test. Not sure if they still give theses tests out now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Altamonte Springs, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Work and office culture seemed very well put together. Interview process was professional and well organized.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult case you have had to deal with at a previous employer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question