Sterling Medical Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sterling Medical

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Medical in July 2011.

Was first contacted by recruiter and had a brief phone interview. Was then asked to schedule an interview with a higher level administrative assistant. Interview lasted about 1/2 hour and was asked to complete an Excel test. Also asked to write a short 150 word essay about a current event and then scheduled a second interview with CEO.

CEO does not show up on time for interviews. Luckily I didn't have to wait longer than an hour. Interviews are late because he works late. Eventually sat down with him and he glanced over my essay. He asks you some questions to see if your personality meshes well with his. Overall not an intimidating interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not expecting to have to write an essay specifically for the job, but it was fine.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Probably could have if I had tried.

Proposal Writer Government Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sterling Medical in May 2010.

My initial contact with this company was made in response to an employment ad on Craigslist, which I suppose should have been my first red flag. Initial interview arrangements were made strictly through e-mail correspondence with her. The e-mails were sketchy, uninformative, and not in very professional tone, but I was pleasantly surprised to meet her in person as she was more professional face-to-face.

For the intial interview, I met w/ HR only and it went well. She informed me that I would have to reschedule a 2nd interview to speak with 1) the president, and 2) the president's wife (?). It was scheduled for the next evening (the president apparently works closely with the writers and has to interview late).

The second interview started nearly one hour (55 mins) late! The secretary made several trips to locate either of them but had no luck b/c they were both "in meetings." I sat in the seat and steamed while waiting for someone to show up, telling myself at the 1-hour mark I was walking. The president's wife showed up and I talked to her for about an hour. About 3/4 through that interview, the president rings the conference phone in the board room we are meeting in and asks if she could "make a Starbucks run" for him as he was still tied up in his meeting! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! She then informed me that he would not be able to interview me at that time and I would have to make a 3RD interview appointment time to meet exclusively with him.

Needless to say, that was the last interaction I had with the company and never heard another word from them. I was extremely disappointed by the lack of professionalism and apparent micromanagment that I suspect goes on b/w the president and the writing group there. I don't know of another place that makes the writers work an 11-8 shift JUST so the president of the company can work the business end in the morning and then shift to work one-on-one with writers in the evenings! That's a huge red flag to me. This is just speculation, but something to be aware of when contemplating Sterling as a prospective employer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you come back for a second interview with the president? Can you come back for a third interview with the president's wife??   Answer Question