Sterne Agee and Leach

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.1

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach.

Applied and 6 months later received a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager. a few weeks later was invited for an in person with the persons with whom I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real questions that come to mind. I basically went through my experience and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Economics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in July 2014.

One initial phone screen, then one longer phone interview, then a final round in-person consisting of three 1:1 interviews. The questions for the most part were about my experiences in college, interest in economics, and my skills. I left the office feeling very positive, and quite frankly I am not sure why I relatively quickly was informed that I will not be receiving an offer.

Equity Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in June 2011.

First round was on a phone interview. Then after a few weeks, got called back for a second round. The interviewer wanted me to meet the whole team, but the others were not available. The interview itself was pretty relaxing. You definitely have to take initiative and explain about your resume and present it in confidence. They want to know how you can be an asset to their company, what relative work(s) have you done in the past relative to the position. You could also talk about projects, assignments, what you've done at school to point out that you're a perfect fit for the position. Talk outside of what's on the resume.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in September 2010.

I interviewed with 3 investment bankers who were looking for an Executive Assistant and/or Administrative Assistant. The company appears to be growing quite rapidly and seems to be great place to work. I think it would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn the financial services industry.

Junior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in May 2010.

The first interviewer sat across the table from me and quizzed me for 45 minutes on different accounting and finance principles. The second interviewer just asked standard questions about my previous work .

Interview Questions
    • Define random financial metrics and principles as they were rambled off.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in October 2009.

Applied for job on Doostang, contacted week later, had brief phone interview, presented sample research report, met 2 analysts in person, was offered position over one other finalist

Interview Questions
    • Examples of using research methods and drawing conclusions   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but knew there was little leverage since I was new to research

Financial Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in June 2010.

Overall, the entire interview process was a pleasant one. Everyone involved in the interview process was extremely friendly and personable. Although the interview was given by an executive, it was a relaxing and informal process. I was made to feel at ease and the interviewer was up front and honest about the job and the criteria they were looking for in a future employee.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in January 2010.

The interview process was informal. To be frank, it was more of a conservation than anything. The employer was simply trying to ascertain what I knew about the industry and also what it was that I looked to gain out of the experience. This made me very comfortable, allowing me to be myself and answer his questions with confidence.