Steven Madden

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.5

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden in July 2009.

hr manager was new and did not know a lot about the position i was interviewing for. i met with several people, with long waiting peroids in between. feedback seemed positive during the process, but they did not follow up with me. after several follow up attempts made by me, the hr manager told me they had decided to keep my resume on file, and did not provide any reason for why i did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • do you think you will be suited to work in our non traditional enviornment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2013.

One of the worst I've seen. It took me two days to get back in touch with the manager who called me. We set a date and time. I showed, but she didn't. She forgot, but she was on her way. After sitting in the store for a half hour, the assistant manager said she would interview me. After being asked 4 pre-written questions, she said "thanks, I'll give these to the manager and she'll interview you. "

I didn't hear back from anyone for about a week. I had to reach out to the store. The manager, who never interviewed me, said they found someone more qualified. Now how is that possible when you didn't even see me? I really wanted to work for them, now I have no desire to even go near the company's product.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Several interviews with the district manager and other district managers

Steve Madden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Steven Madden in March 2013.

worst job interview. they were very unprofessional with time management. they wasted my time with telling me to come the next day to reschedule my interview and the managers gave me a bad welcoming vibe to the store. BAD TIME MANAGEMENT, UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT, AND UNWELCOMING WORKING ENVIRONMENT. i do not recommend Steve Madden and by the looks of it they have favoritism even though Ive never been hired by them you can still tell by observing the work environment and the relationships between mangers and employees. this company still needs to improve on how they hire management !

Retail and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steven Madden in July 2013.

The interview process was pretty casual. They contacted me immediately after submitting my application and scheduled an interview with the store manager and store owner. I was hired after the first in person interview

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked. They mostly wanted to know about my school background, work experience and about my sense of style.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Applied online and received a call to schedule an interview about a week later. Arrived about 15 minutes early but the manager was not there so i ended up waiting on her. Went to a table in front of Nordstroms. Very laid back and casual interview.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

we only hire through the taleo application screening process is pretty basic schedule first interview after reviewing their resume if they meet the criteria a second interview is conducted with the store manager for management positions interview is conducted with the district manager hire processing is pretty quick and can be official in 3 days

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden.

After applying, I got a call from the District Manager to set up an interview. We met in person, talked, I filled out some background paperwork. The DM then set up a second interview for me with the Regional Vice President. This interview was done over the phone.

After that, the DM asked me to submit a copy of my paycheck stub and contacted my references.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

I went to two interviews at Steve Madden. The work environment seemed laid back. The walls were painted in bright colors, very characteristic of Steve Madden's brand. Both women who I interviewed with were very friendly and easy to talk to. However, communication before and after both interviews was very difficult. I rarely got responses and when I did, they were often weeks later and did not answer my questions.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden in August 2011.

I got a chance to talk to the manager of the store in a one on one interview. She asked me my previous work experience, questions like "why do you want to work here?", "what is good customer service to you?", she then asked me to describe a positive and negative customer service experience I have had while shopping. She said that the company is all about not having a formulated sales technique, not to have the first thing out of an employee's mouth be about a sale they are having. Sometimes it is best to leave some customers alone while shopping, while other times it is all about really being engaged in the customer's shopping experience. She then took me inside and told me to greet customers coming into the store, however the other employees did not know this, so they greeted them first and it was a little awkward. She had me look around the store for a while and then I got to meet basically the president of all the Steve Madden Stores in Colorado (they are separately owned from the rest of the company) and we talked about trends and what shoes I liked.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work at Steve Madden?   Answer Question
    • What is important for you in terms of customer service?   View Answer