Steven Madden

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details – I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Interview Question – What can you do to better this store?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, basic questions, know how to sell

Interview Question – what drives you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. base plus commission

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two in person interview with store managers, very causal

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details – Basic interview, applied online, got called in. Was asked about myself and what i could provide for the company. got the job about 2 weeks later

Interview Question – What' something I should know about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Do not take this job unless you have no other offer. Even then i'd argue being unemployed as a better option.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2013.

Interview Details – One of the worst I've seen. It took me two days to get back in touch with the manager who called me. We set a date and time. I showed, but she didn't. She forgot, but she was on her way. After sitting in the store for a half hour, the assistant manager said she would interview me. After being asked 4 pre-written questions, she said "thanks, I'll give these to the manager and she'll interview you. "

I didn't hear back from anyone for about a week. I had to reach out to the store. The manager, who never interviewed me, said they found someone more qualified. Now how is that possible when you didn't even see me? I really wanted to work for them, now I have no desire to even go near the company's product.

Very Easy Interview

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details – Very short interview called on the phone was told to go online to complete application got a call later that day went the following day very short on the bench right outside the store had a 10 minute second interview with assistant manager got a phone call later that day offering me the job.

Reason for Declining – Salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steven Madden

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steven Madden Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Steven Madden employees and interview candidates.