Steven Madden

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden.

If the store has not opened yet it will take place over the phone. Interviewer is very friendly and is looking for enthusiasm in your interview. Don't answer questions like "why did you choose Steve Madden?" With an answer like "because it's opening", you won't get the job. Be enthusiastic and know the product.

Interview Questions
Hours are negotiable, however pay is not.

Other Interview Reviews for Steven Madden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden in November 2014.

The interview was very chill and laid back they are opening a new store in Virginia. The application was quick and easy hopefully this will be a great job

Great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in November 2014.

Applied online, got called the next day to go in for a group interview. It was just me and this other girl! I got called within 15 minutes of the interview that I was hired!

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in September 2013.

Two in person interview with store managers, very causal

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Basic interview, applied online, got called in. Was asked about myself and what i could provide for the company. got the job about 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Do not take this job unless you have no other offer. Even then i'd argue being unemployed as a better option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2013.

One of the worst I've seen. It took me two days to get back in touch with the manager who called me. We set a date and time. I showed, but she didn't. She forgot, but she was on her way. After sitting in the store for a half hour, the assistant manager said she would interview me. After being asked 4 pre-written questions, she said "thanks, I'll give these to the manager and she'll interview you. "

I didn't hear back from anyone for about a week. I had to reach out to the store. The manager, who never interviewed me, said they found someone more qualified. Now how is that possible when you didn't even see me? I really wanted to work for them, now I have no desire to even go near the company's product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Very short interview called on the phone was told to go online to complete application got a call later that day went the following day very short on the bench right outside the store had a 10 minute second interview with assistant manager got a phone call later that day offering me the job.

Salary