Steven Madden

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.

Interview Question – No issue - relatively relaxed questions   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Interview Details – I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Interview Question – What can you do to better this store?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, basic questions, know how to sell

Interview Question – what drives you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. base plus commission

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two in person interview with store managers, very causal

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details – Basic interview, applied online, got called in. Was asked about myself and what i could provide for the company. got the job about 2 weeks later

Interview Question – What' something I should know about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Do not take this job unless you have no other offer. Even then i'd argue being unemployed as a better option.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2013.

Interview Details – One of the worst I've seen. It took me two days to get back in touch with the manager who called me. We set a date and time. I showed, but she didn't. She forgot, but she was on her way. After sitting in the store for a half hour, the assistant manager said she would interview me. After being asked 4 pre-written questions, she said "thanks, I'll give these to the manager and she'll interview you. "

I didn't hear back from anyone for about a week. I had to reach out to the store. The manager, who never interviewed me, said they found someone more qualified. Now how is that possible when you didn't even see me? I really wanted to work for them, now I have no desire to even go near the company's product.

Very Easy Interview

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview Details – Very short interview called on the phone was told to go online to complete application got a call later that day went the following day very short on the bench right outside the store had a 10 minute second interview with assistant manager got a phone call later that day offering me the job.

Reason for Declining – Salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steven Madden

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!