Steven Madden

Steven Madden Sales Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden in August 2011.

I got a chance to talk to the manager of the store in a one on one interview. She asked me my previous work experience, questions like "why do you want to work here?", "what is good customer service to you?", she then asked me to describe a positive and negative customer service experience I have had while shopping. She said that the company is all about not having a formulated sales technique, not to have the first thing out of an employee's mouth be about a sale they are having. Sometimes it is best to leave some customers alone while shopping, while other times it is all about really being engaged in the customer's shopping experience. She then took me inside and told me to greet customers coming into the store, however the other employees did not know this, so they greeted them first and it was a little awkward. She had me look around the store for a while and then I got to meet basically the president of all the Steve Madden Stores in Colorado (they are separately owned from the rest of the company) and we talked about trends and what shoes I liked.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work at Steve Madden?   Answer Question
  • What is important for you in terms of customer service?   View Answer