Stevens Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

1.9

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by email a month or two later to arrange an interview. I interviewed in person a couple weeks later. The interview was pretty standard; met with some professors, discussed both my research and the research involved in the position. Toured the department.

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It is a short interview, just 10 minutes. Two interviewer with one interviewee. They want to hire a people who have patients and could communicate with students. And they just want you know how to use excel and other Microsoft software.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology.

Interview

About your background, courses, and score. Easy, some normal conversation, the most important thing is your good transcript. Apply on school's website, then the secretary will contact you. Previous related experience is better

Interview Questions

• About your background, courses, and score. Easy, some normal conversation, the most important thing is your good transcript. Apply on school's website, then the secretary will contact you.   Answer Question

Graduate Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the office to come in for an interview. Went on the first interview then was asked to come in for a second. After the 2nd interview, I was under the impression that everything went well. I waited for a response. After not hearing from them, I sent several follow up emails over the course of two months to find out the status of my application or if a decision was made. Never heard from them again.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I filled out the online application through the employment portal of the college and was called for the first round of interview within a week. The first round was behavioral and turned out to be a very good and long conversation. The same afternoon, I was called for the second round of interview with the Dean of the college. She also took a behavioral round and then asked me about the skills required for the job, the main being the Microsoft excel. The interview lasted for about 25minutes. The same evening, I got the mail confirming that I got hired :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

For Phd student, it's better to look job opportunity by directly contact professors who has projects that you are interested in. Tell them what you want to do and ask if they can fund you.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied the job in April and got a phone call to interview in late May then I was already out of the states. I came back in August and applied again, and got hired at late Sept.. Can't say short.

Interview Questions

• Questions are easy, bosses asked about excel, how to handle emergent request from students etc.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

just an interview by other CAs.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was a 1-on-1 with the hiring manager. I was then called in for a 1-on-1 on-site interview with the same person. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. They said they would call me within 2 weeks, which they did not. I never heard from Stevens again.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen from HR and then with one skype interview for 45 min before giving a flyout to Boston. The skype interview was mostly from my resume and my experience in handling huge datasets (using SQL) nothing technical as such. The role also needs good presentation skills along with simple data visualization for presenting to client

it is waste of time to work with them....