Stevens Transport Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stevens Transport

Cdl Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was short, not many questios. Everything that was asked, is the same as an application. Just be honest about background and driving record because they will find out. I was up front about everything. The recruiter seemed alright. Wasn't much interest showed towards why I choose Stevens or why do I want drive trucks. I was told to keep in contact with her once a week until my start date. Her attitude was good which helped so far.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about Stevens transport   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good. I was able to put my two week notice in with my job

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stevens Transport.

Interview

A dog & pony show, it all turns out to be false. They play up anything they think sounds positive and most candidates don't know it, the ones who do find out there's a lot more unscrupulous stuff coming. The objective is make you work like a dog, bark and quit. Their profit model depends on a lot of turnover, so they do everything they can to keep people coming in then leaving.

Interview Questions

• The incessant questions about illegal drugs, alcohol abuse and criminal history say a lot about who they attract as drivers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, and I soon did.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview wasnt bad. I immediately put my appliation in and got a call the same day. So now im waiting for class i hope someone could yell me how long they stayed there after the paid off their school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Can you pass an easy physical? on drugs or suicidal? Can you be away from home up to 2 months at a time if needed? If a yes to the first and no to the second two your hired. After that you are given a start date for class and when you start you are given a driver code. From that point on your like a cow in a processing plant.

Interview Questions

• How often do you need to go home..... or How much money do you need to survive. What bills do you have and can the be differed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you what they pay and tell you how great it is... Thinking I was going to do well financially I took their word for the salary

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR director.

Interview Questions

• Very few difficult questions; mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stevens Transport in March 2012.

Interview

Lots of driving and job history must be accurate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was fairly typical. Had to pass a drug screen, and a background check. The hiring person however did give a lot of false information. She told me that training would be paid for by the company (it was not), and that drivers would be home every 3-4 weeks (it was more like 3 - 4 months.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember there being a difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told the rate and to take it or leave it.

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Started out by the usual submit your resume here gig online. I got a call two days later from someone in HR for a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was the basic where did you last work, did you like it, and why did you leave routine. Then the disappearing act began... Almost a week later I get an email with the official application and invite for an interview. They scheduled me an interview without a verbal commitment. I called in and requested a different time, it was changed. The in- office interview was a 4 part stunt: excel test( it was hard even for my liking), HR interview, two person interview (Alliance division), and one on one interview( Company ops director). Took another 2 weeks to get back to me with a crappy salary offer and I rejected it. I rebuddled it with a higher offer took 4 days to accept it. Then made me come back yet again for two more interviews with the same people( why I don't know).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an irrational truck driver?   Answer Question
    • How many loads do you repower a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Like pulling teeth from a badger.. Good luck getting what you want here.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

After doing all required checks and screenings, I interviewed with the manager and went over the details that the recruiter and I discussed. Due to my experience they were forcing me to take their truck driver academy, which is used to get a cdl license, which I already had. The terms of the contract were to enter school and commit to them for 2 years or pay something around $3000. I clearly disagreed as there was no point in me going through the academy to get something I already had. All I needed was to go on the road with a trainer for 6-8 weeks to prove that I knew what I was doing. They would not allow me that opportunity and told me I had to find my own way home after they brought me out there.