Steward Health Care System Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.3

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Westwood, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very nice and knowledgeable. Friendly and courteous. Met with several people for the interview. Everyone seemed pleasant. Company seems like it would be nice to work for. Asked lots of questions. Was given a tour of the facility and introduced to several employees. Offer excellent benefits and is at a great location.

Intake Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Norwood, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

HR will call you then schedules you to meet the Access Manager. The Access Manager does not return phone calls and cancels often so it can be very challenging to meet with her. She will ask you a few questions, but largest concern is do you have a independent license.

Interview Questions

• how many hours can you work? Can you work evenings and weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Steward Health Care System.

Interview

I heard back within a day. The interview went well. I am just waiting for HR to finalize everything. The interviewer was very nice and I look forward to becoming an employee!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am waiting to hear from HR.

Denial Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Quincy, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and after 1-2 weeks received a phone call to schedule an interview. I am surprised because I do not have the exact working experiences for this job position. I was interviewed by 2 of the managers, they have about 3 pages of interview questions and the questions are pretty straight forward. Then they will have you to do an online typing test and record your result on your resume. At the very end, they shown me around the office and told me how the office works and how teams are working.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of the most difficult customer service experience from your past job.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview

It was a long time ago before Steward Health Care starting purchasing hospitals, and therefore, my initial interview process is irrelevant now. Steward has its own way of conducting interviews and hiring staff. For the most part, they try to minimize hiring as much as possible. Cutting staff is more in keeping with their overall plans.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Steward Health Care System.

Interview

It seems as if when one hospital in this system doesn't want to hire you, they simply pass your name along to others... Without giving you a definitive "no, but we know of another position..."

Interview Questions

• What would you do in (insert highly critical emergency situation here)?   Answer Question

I didn't like the fact that the HR departments were not up front or straightforward with me through this process.

Practice Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague of the hiring manager and was very impressed that I received a very quick response and an invitation for a group interview with multiple senior members of the organization. One was the prior incumbent who had been promoted after only 1 year with the company.

There were a lot of questions about prior relevant experiences and I was glad that I had prepared for a behavioral interview where I could offer examples of success in prior positions. All the interviewers were very pleasant and offered insights into the position and the challenges of the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked about managing in situations of limited authority.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Methuen, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Steward Health Care System (Methuen, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

This was a very lengthy process. I started working with a travel agency and the took a per diem position which was the only position offered. I was still required to go through all the orientation even though I had been working there 6 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negociation. The salary was set.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Norwood, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview went pretty well in my opinion. Just be honest with your experience and what you know. The position that I went for was a call center role. The manager and supervisor was very specific and detailed about the role offered.

Interview Questions

• If you are an already experienced Help Desk Analyst in the past, the most difficult question may be talking about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System (Stoughton, MA).

Interview

First met with office manager, second and third interivews were with m.d's

Interview Questions

• Please give a scenerio of how you dealt with an irrate patient   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. I got salary I wanted