Steward Health Care System

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.1

Nursing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Steward Health Care System.

I heard back within a day. The interview went well. I am just waiting for HR to finalize everything. The interviewer was very nice and I look forward to becoming an employee!

Interview Questions
    I am waiting to hear from HR.

Denial Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System in August 2014.

Applied online and after 1-2 weeks received a phone call to schedule an interview. I am surprised because I do not have the exact working experiences for this job position. I was interviewed by 2 of the managers, they have about 3 pages of interview questions and the questions are pretty straight forward. Then they will have you to do an online typing test and record your result on your resume. At the very end, they shown me around the office and told me how the office works and how teams are working.

Interview Questions
    • Explain one of the most difficult customer service experience from your past job.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

It was a long time ago before Steward Health Care starting purchasing hospitals, and therefore, my initial interview process is irrelevant now. Steward has its own way of conducting interviews and hiring staff. For the most part, they try to minimize hiring as much as possible. Cutting staff is more in keeping with their overall plans.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Steward Health Care System.

It seems as if when one hospital in this system doesn't want to hire you, they simply pass your name along to others... Without giving you a definitive "no, but we know of another position..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in (insert highly critical emergency situation here)?   Answer Question

I didn't like the fact that the HR departments were not up front or straightforward with me through this process.

Practice Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System in October 2013.

I was referred by a colleague of the hiring manager and was very impressed that I received a very quick response and an invitation for a group interview with multiple senior members of the organization. One was the prior incumbent who had been promoted after only 1 year with the company.

There were a lot of questions about prior relevant experiences and I was glad that I had prepared for a behavioral interview where I could offer examples of success in prior positions. All the interviewers were very pleasant and offered insights into the position and the challenges of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked about managing in situations of limited authority.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Methuen, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Methuen, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Steward Health Care System in June 2013.

This was a very lengthy process. I started working with a travel agency and the took a per diem position which was the only position offered. I was still required to go through all the orientation even though I had been working there 6 months.

Interview Questions
    There was no negociation. The salary was set.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Steward Health Care System in June 2013.

Interview went pretty well in my opinion. Just be honest with your experience and what you know. The position that I went for was a call center role. The manager and supervisor was very specific and detailed about the role offered.

Interview Questions
    • If you are an already experienced Help Desk Analyst in the past, the most difficult question may be talking about yourself.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Steward Health Care System.

First met with office manager, second and third interivews were with m.d's

Interview Questions
    • Please give a scenerio of how you dealt with an irrate patient   Answer Question
    Very easy. I got salary I wanted

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Steward Health Care System in May 2010.

Had two interviews, weeks apart, was called in for a job making 10k less than asked and HR process took forever! There were multiple interviews and it was unorganized. Conflicting info was given out and everyone I spoke to didn't seem to be working there by the time of my next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years.   View Answer
    no negotiations

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Steward Health Care System in January 2010.

Was brought into the company by my former boss. Very informal interview. I already knew everyone I met with so the whole process was a folrmality. I was brought in at 9AM and met with 3 managers for 30 minutes each. I was out the door by lunch time.