Stewart Enterprises

2.6

Switchboard Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stewart Enterprises in December 2011.

I went to two interviews for the job- spaced six months apart (I didn't get it the first time). They asked me lots of the basic questions. We went over my resume. It felt formal, yet relaxed. I know that seems like a contradiction, but it is what it is.

Interview Questions
    • How has your job at <former employer> qualified you to work for us?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation. Salary expectations were outlines in the interview and I accepted.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyattsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyattsville, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stewart Enterprises in May 2010.

Brutal sales counselor turnover so there is a constant need for new people. Too many barely qualified are hired as a result.

Interview Questions
    Fixed start plan and training for new counselors.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stewart Enterprises in February 2009.

Apply online on the Stewart website, interview on the phone with the recruiter, interview with the department manager first, if the manager approves you get a second interview with the entire department of five, you are asked to bring and present a PowerPoint training presentation to show your training skills and expertise. During the interview and the presentation you are asked questions from all members of the department.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult training situation you experienced and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary based on my experience as a previous employee and my 11 years of experience at the time.

Apprentice Embalmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stewart Enterprises in July 2010.

It didn't take much, I was transferred within the company from another location and was recommended by a current employee that the manager knew.

N/A

Family Sales Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stewart Enterprises in July 2008.

Initial meeting with manager. Took personality profile test. Called back for second interview with someone else and was notified I got the job a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. It was what it was.