Stewart Title

Relevance Date Difficulty

Escrow Assistant Interview

Escrow Assistant
Modesto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stewart Title in April 2014.

Interview Details – It wasn't much of an interview since I was a fill in for a friend of the company vice president, and they had no intention f keeping me,, I. Didn't know this at the time

Interview Question – It was maybe a 10 minute interview o who did I, know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible! If you aren't family or close friend, you have to go through a out of town temp agency, it took longer o get my last check than I actually got to work there.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Stewart Title in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process were pretty smooth sailing. There were a few hiccups with miscommunications with Human Resources and processing of my paperwork. The office is in poor condition-I wouldn't recommend to that location. In a very bad part of town and building is very run down.

Interview Question – "What would you do in an escalated altercation with an employee" That's very common in that location apparently because of some of the quality of employees that are there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate.

Department Administrator Interview

Department Administrator

I applied online and interviewed at Stewart Title.

Interview Details – Interview process was very easy, simple, straightforward. Submitted an online application, and heard back within a week or so. Set up an in-person interview over the phone. The interview lasted about 20 min. Very casual, laid back. Was asked about previous employment/experience, discussed the position and what my understanding of the job was. Was hired at the end of the interview.

Director Interview

Director
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Stewart Title.

Interview Details – All interviewers were not prepared, did not have any idea what the position requirements were. Brought back many times because interviewers were not available. Questions included-tell me about yourself.

Negotiation Details – you must be prepared and know what the company's pay policies are, what they pay others at your level or they will pay as little as they can.

Very Difficult Interview

Trainer-Instructional Designer Interview

Trainer-Instructional Designer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Stewart Title in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had a horrible experience interviewing with Stewart Title.
--I first applied online.
--I was contacted by a recruiter who did a 30 minute phone screening.
--Next, I was asked to complete a lengthy email questionnaire asking questions about my motivation for pursuing the job, job skills, etc.
--I was then asked to submit an official application (credit check included).
--Next, I completed a 30-45 min phone screening with the hiring manager.
--I was then asked to interview in person.
--When I arrived, I was told by the hiring manager that she was experimenting with a new way of interviewing. I was told that I had one hour to create a training program using powerpoint and a company ethnics handbook she gave me. I sat in a workspace divided by a bookshelf which was normally reserved for another trainer, she explained. She pointed to a break table in the corner right across from her desk and said that is where my position would be assigned (hmmm...interesting workspace). Three of us huddled in one office, one "workspace" a break table across from her desk and near the door. There would be no issues trying to concentrate...sure...
I asked her who my audience would be and other questions. Had I not asked, she would not have supplied any information.
I created a basic presentation with the time I had.
She then asked me questions such as "Would this be online or in person?" How long would this take you to create? "How long would this course be?" etc.
She told me that she would share my PPT with the other "very seasoned and experienced" staff for evaluation. She said their evals would weigh the most heavily in her decision.
I didn't want the job. After all of that, all I needed was 5 minutes talking to her to realize that I would not work well with her or her style.
I went home and waited for the rejection because I don't think she liked me either.
In the meantime, I visited the website to read the job description and noticed that the job title had changed between the time I'd applied and went in for the interview..from trainer...to instructional designer. Well, that changed everything. No wonder she was so focused on e-learning and absolutely no trainer skills while I had created an in-person compliance training class with my PPT. It sure would have been nice to know that the position's focus had changed before the interview. No one told me.
By the deadline she gave me and several weeks later, they didn't even bother to contact me.
I went through a RIGOROUS application process. The very least they could have done was give me the courtesy of a phone call. I found the whole experience to be extremely unprofessional. I contacted the recruiting division and shared my experience. The director was so incredibly apologetic and courteous. My story prompted him to have an immediate staff meeting. I'm glad I was able to possibly spark some change.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. I did feel like a guinea pig in this experimental, disorganized interview process.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stewart Title in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone screen with contract recruiter
Had phone screen with hiring manager
Had face to face with hiring manager
Had face to face with some of the lead team members

Interview Question – Unexpected question was what was last book I read - the job was an IT engineer position and it was fairly technical but that question through me off kilt for a momemnt.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location, Horrible Benefits, Got better offer with better compensation

Commercial Title Processor Interview

Commercial Title Processor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stewart Title in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone, went to the office, met with the manager and was asked about experience, computer skills and if I had title license. Met other staff members, was informal I think the manager made up mind based on my resume.

Interview Question – Wanted to know if I could review an ALTA Survey.   Answer Question

Escrow Assistant Interview

Escrow Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stewart Title in April 2008.

Interview Details – Somewhat informal, the manager who interviewed me was not familiar with the job. She seemed to rely a lot on my resume. At the end of the interview, the person I would be working for stopped in and quizzed me on my industry knowledge, told me a little about his work habits and left.

Interview Question – Asked me how I would handle working for a
"difficult" manager.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, she told me what they were offering, I accepted.

Worked for Stewart Title? Contribute to the Community!