Stewart's Shops Shop Partner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.0

Shop Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Saratoga Springs, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial communications were shaky. I applied at the corporate plant twice and was declined for even an interview. I then responded to an online ad for employment at a shop and was contacted within a few days. Scheduling a time to meet with this particular manager was difficult and took two weeks to find a time suitable for the two of us. I then had two interviews, the first which was merely management bragging about the corporations benefits. The second was a more formal interview with a more experienced manager in which the company attempted to direct me to take a part time position instead of the full time one I was told was open. I was offered and accepted a full time position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Stewart's requires you to answer math questions on your application. This isn't difficult but annoying because they use a POS system that is Windows based and can be operated by a monkey!   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase isn't really negotiations. The company tells you what they're offering you and either you want it or you walk away. Stewart's has a tendency to pay a lower hourly wage because they feel their benefits compensate for that.

Other Interview Reviews for Stewart's Shops

Shop Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johnsville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Saint Johnsville, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

You have 2 interviews back to back. They take you around the shop and point out numerous areas and what you will be doing in these areas. They show you the back rooms and cooler/freezer.

Interview Questions