Stewart's Shops

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Shop Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stewart's Shops in July 2011.

Initial communications were shaky. I applied at the corporate plant twice and was declined for even an interview. I then responded to an online ad for employment at a shop and was contacted within a few days. Scheduling a time to meet with this particular manager was difficult and took two weeks to find a time suitable for the two of us. I then had two interviews, the first which was merely management bragging about the corporations benefits. The second was a more formal interview with a more experienced manager in which the company attempted to direct me to take a part time position instead of the full time one I was told was open. I was offered and accepted a full time position with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Stewart's requires you to answer math questions on your application. This isn't difficult but annoying because they use a POS system that is Windows based and can be operated by a monkey!   View Answer
The negotiation phase isn't really negotiations. The company tells you what they're offering you and either you want it or you walk away. Stewart's has a tendency to pay a lower hourly wage because they feel their benefits compensate for that.