Stewart's Shops

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shop Partner Interview

Shop Partner
Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stewart's Shops in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communications were shaky. I applied at the corporate plant twice and was declined for even an interview. I then responded to an online ad for employment at a shop and was contacted within a few days. Scheduling a time to meet with this particular manager was difficult and took two weeks to find a time suitable for the two of us. I then had two interviews, the first which was merely management bragging about the corporations benefits. The second was a more formal interview with a more experienced manager in which the company attempted to direct me to take a part time position instead of the full time one I was told was open. I was offered and accepted a full time position with the company.

Interview Question – Stewart's requires you to answer math questions on your application. This isn't difficult but annoying because they use a POS system that is Windows based and can be operated by a monkey!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase isn't really negotiations. The company tells you what they're offering you and either you want it or you walk away. Stewart's has a tendency to pay a lower hourly wage because they feel their benefits compensate for that.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stewart's Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stewart's Shops Shop Partner interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Stewart's Shops employees and interview candidates.