Stifel Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.9

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stifel Financial.

Applied through college's career service office. On-campus interview

Interview Questions
    • "What has been the most most valuable book or movie created?"   Answer Question

Public Finance Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stifel Financial in October 2013.

Got a phone call which was behavioral - was asked to go through resume and highlight things I thought were strongest; was later invited to a Superday interview in their Chicago offices

Interview Questions
    • Honestly wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Very behavioral - wanted to find the right fit for the office and team.   Answer Question

Processor 1- Trade Support P&S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stifel Financial in October 2013.

I felt that the process was quick; I scheduled a phone interview on a Friday for the following Tuesday. I went in for testing (data entry, typing, and math) and an interview Thursday, and received an offer that Friday. The entire process took maybe 6 hours total. Had to go to St. Louis, MO in order to complete the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have with Microsoft Excel?   View Answer
    We discussed it in the interview, 30K starting salary for all processor 1 roles, no matter the skills required. The rigorous role will provide intangible experience for me, which will open other avenues down the road.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

2-3 hours, met with 7-8 different people. Very professional setting, interviews proceeded in a timely manner. Mostly technical questions - little to none about my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a stock you follow and break down why you believe it will go up/down in value.   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stifel Financial.

regular questions.. why ib? background. some technical questions

Public Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Stifel Financial in February 2013.

Applied through career site. Was contacted a month later by two members of public finance team at 10pm. Picked up the phone call thinking it was a friend. 10 minute conversation, asked about interests why public finance? they seemed very friendly, but hated their job. After that they said they would get back to me in the next week or so, but never did.

Summer Associate Investment Banking Interview

On campus 1st round. On site Second round. Five 2 on 1 interviews. 1 Technical- nothing hard. Mostly fit

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stifel Financial in April 2012.

I was told by a friend a position was opened and she put my resume in. They called me and set up an interview the following day. when i got to my appointment I thought the office was very nice and the people I met with were very nice and informative on the position. When I started I was surprised how the firm ran because I'm use to a large firm. Very different but I'm getting use to the company's ways.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions being asked.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stifel Financial in February 2012.

I had a short interview with the hiring manager. She indicated that the company did not pay well and that their benefits were not all that... Then I had an interview with three of the hiring manager's database administrators. One asked very relevant questions. One asked questions that would have required me to look up the answers in books online. The third asked somewhat wierd questions. A second interview was conducted where I interviewed with the company's CIO and the hiring manager. That second interview went OK.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to explain the difference between two numerical data types used by SQL Server.   View Answer

Their offer would have paid me $14,000 less than I make now. I thought I could do better.

Insurance Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stifel Financial in December 2011.

I got an interview through a family friend. First, was a phone interview, then on site interview. First with HR, then the supervisors in your department. It was semi-formal and warm atmosphere

Interview Questions
    o salary negotiation was possible. I was told I would make 30k, at entry level--nothing more.

Worked for Stifel Financial? Contribute to the Community!