Stifel Financial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

Public Finance Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stifel Financial (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for a job in a different office. I was not selected for that position but emailed to follow up with the original contact. She then put me in contact with someone in their California office. A recruiter made initial contact via email. I then received a phone call from team recruiter to set up an interview time. Last, I had a 1.5 hour phone interview with two team members of a public finance team.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about your market experience? -Describe to me bond ratings? -What is a TIF? -Why the career change? -What would impact the bond pricing? -How are Moody's and S&P different in rating bonds? Then there were the behavioral questions: -How many windows are in NYC? -Why are manhole covers round? -Will you be able to work 80+ hours a week? -Do you have family here?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stifel Financial.

Interview

Four 30 minute interviews with technical and fit questions. I met with them in the morning and they got back to met quickly on the process and how I did which was appreciated

Interview Questions

• Mostly normal technicals...how to value a company Asked my favorite book   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stifel Financial (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen, on campus interview and then a superday in new york. Interview was not especially hard, typical investment banking interview. mostly fit. know why you want to work for stifel. you have to express interest in a middle market investment bank.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stifel Financial (Villanova, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my campus recruiting website with my resume (no cover letter needed). Was asked to come in for an interview and they told me about the recruitment process. Interviewees who passed the first round would be invited for super day in New York.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stifel Financial.

Interview

Applied through college's career service office. On-campus interview

Interview Questions

• "What has been the most most valuable book or movie created?"   1 Answer

Public Finance Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stifel Financial (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call which was behavioral - was asked to go through resume and highlight things I thought were strongest; was later invited to a Superday interview in their Chicago offices

Interview Questions

• Honestly wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Very behavioral - wanted to find the right fit for the office and team.   Answer Question

Processor 1- Trade Support P&S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stifel Financial (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I felt that the process was quick; I scheduled a phone interview on a Friday for the following Tuesday. I went in for testing (data entry, typing, and math) and an interview Thursday, and received an offer that Friday. The entire process took maybe 6 hours total. Had to go to St. Louis, MO in order to complete the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We discussed it in the interview, 30K starting salary for all processor 1 roles, no matter the skills required. The rigorous role will provide intangible experience for me, which will open other avenues down the road.

Interview

2-3 hours, met with 7-8 different people. Very professional setting, interviews proceeded in a timely manner. Mostly technical questions - little to none about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stock you follow and break down why you believe it will go up/down in value.   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stifel Financial.

Interview

regular questions.. why ib? background. some technical questions

Public Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Stifel Financial (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through career site. Was contacted a month later by two members of public finance team at 10pm. Picked up the phone call thinking it was a friend. 10 minute conversation, asked about interests why public finance? they seemed very friendly, but hated their job. After that they said they would get back to me in the next week or so, but never did.