Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Principal Systems Engineer
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring focus is on the customer service attitude a candidates posses coming in and if you come across as service to self, you may want to pass on this company. If you are a service to others type then you will be put to the top of the list. Questions are driven on personal and professional traits mostly and technical abilities and skills on the other half.

Interview Question – There are no trick questions as the company wants to keep it real with the intent and expectations, the interview process is not normal but does put focus on how good you are with people and if you answer a question that indicates you are service to self type then you should feel less confident about your chances.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only had to counter offer once and got what I needed. Easy process.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Greenbelt, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an employee at SGT who received my resume through a third party. They described why they were interested in me and asked for a phone interview. I interviewed with them over the phone a week later, and we agreed that I would come in for a personal interview.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in relocating for the job?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Huston, ID

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – was straighforward

Interview Question – Why should i hire you
why do you think you better than other candidate
what are the most important personal trait you will bring to the company.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – had better offer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Hampton, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies in October 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after SGT won government contract. SGT requested copy of resume and salary info. Offer letter offered about 1.5 months in advance of contract start date. Salary needed to be negotiated to account for increased costs under SGT's healthcare plan.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based upon the candidates providing SGT background on their positions and responsibilities since SGT hired most of the incumbents.   Answer Question
  • Questions were focused on the incumbent candidates educating the new SGT staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were reasonable and handled in a timely manner.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies employees and interview candidates.