Stockamp & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stockamp & Associates

Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical case study interview process. I was being recruited on campus, so 2 or 3 interviews on campus then flew to a client site for 2 or 3 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Some of the case interview questions can be tough if you haven't prepared, but purchasing a case interview practice book should alleviate most of that. Practice mental math!   Answer Question

The pay was decent, though not great, and the 100% travel required wasn't for me.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Dublin, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Sat down one on one with the partners. Discussed my skills and my availability. Went over my job history and my skills from each job. Went over what I made at each job. Discussed what I was looking for salary wise Was told they did not offer benefits which I was not happy about. Asked if I minded occasional overtime which I said I did not.

Interview Questions

• Was I punctual? How was my speed and organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

I was called in for a 30 min behavioral interview at first. This interview consisted of your classic behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you accepted losses to continue a project..." I made sure to give precise and detailed explanations of the situations I had been in for each of these questions. Overall this process went smoothly. I was called the next night to return the following morning to conduct a full on 2 hour follow up interview. This interview consisted of a technical and a case study session. The case study session came first and involved the interviewer asking questions based on a scenario. The technical asked questions mainly concerned with SQL, databases and networking/IT. After this process I was called 3 days later to inform that I had passed unto the next round which will consist of them flying me down to Portland for a full day engagement.

Interview Questions

• Client is in charge of a medical wing in the hospital. The client wants to know why their patients are waiting for long periods of time to receive treatment. How can you go about finding out the information necessary to understand this issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Lake Oswego, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

On-campus recruiter performed a behavioral interview on campus. Standard questions such as tell me about a time when...(solved a problem, worked with a difficult person, etc.). Recruiter called me that night to schedule Case/Tech interview for the next day. Tech interview - database, networking, server, and OS questions (not "what is the answer to this tech question", but "describe your experience with...") Case interview - Recruiter walked me through a fictional case in which I had to gather requirements, problem solve, and present solutions for a hospital emergency room. Recruiter constantly asked "What else?" every time I gave an answer, which made me think I was missing something even if that wasn't the case. Scheduled on-site visit for a couple weeks later. They made it sound like the job was pretty much mine. Product/tools introduction from a team lead, lunch with two analysts or associates, interview with a manager. Product/tools intro - they made this sound like more of a training than anything else. Most of the time spent was listening to how things work, but there were two ridiculous problem solving questions that apparently lost me the job. Manager Interview - mostly they were gauging my interest in the company (which was very high), goals, some resume clarification questions, etc... Two days after getting home from the trip, they called and said I wasn't good enough in the problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Problem Solving #2 - You have 3 light switches and 1 light bulb controlled by only 1 switch in a room you can't see into. You can flip any or as many switches as you want and can check the room once. The next time you go into the room, you have to know for sure which switch controls the light bulb.   2 Answers
    • Problem Solving #1 - Given a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket with no measures. Measure exactly 4 gallons.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

Stockamp came to campus to recruit at my university. I spoke with them at the career fair, then went to an information session. Interviews were a week or two later. The first day of interviews was one 45 minute interview with a recruiter and was mostly a behavioral interview. He asked a few "Tell me about a time when..." questions where he wanted to see how you had dealt with problems in the past or gone the extra mile. These questions gave an opportunity to talk about your work experience. They then selected some people to move on the the second round of interviews the next day. The second round consisted of completing a math problem and a SQL problem (writing SQL code), and then two interviews: a technical interview and a case study. In the technical interview, the questions were fairly open-ended, and allowed you to demonstrate your technical knowledge. I found it somewhat difficult to know if what I answered was what he was looking for as the questions were so open. The case study was pretty intense. The interviewer read a paragraph describing a business scenario, and then asked questions about what information you would need to gather, how would you present this information to the business, etc. They wanted to test your critical thinking skills, and kept pushing for you to think of more ideas when you thought you had answered the question adequately.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process was a best case scenario (when coming to interviews). Although it did take weeks to get through all of the interviews, each person I met and spoke to throughout the process was friendly and considerate and it felt like each person wanted me to succeed. 1st round was on the phone. Felt more like a screening and just gauging whether I was personable and educated enough for the position 2nd round was in person. I went to their company site and I sat down for a behavioral (45 min) and case study (45 min) interview. the case study was typical where they asked a question and wanted to me to discuss how I would reach a conclusion and a answer. 3rd round is at an active project site where they introduce you to current leaders and colleagues and then they let you know about a full time employment offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Why is healthcare consulting something you want to do?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved three main steps. The first was a behavioral interview. The second was a technical interview. The third interview was an on-site process in which potential project managers and fellow staff discussed a case study and to see whether or not the candidate was a good fit for the team and the company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of general questions that one can see from most other personal HR interviews. My initial communications was merely through a appointment that came through a job fair. Appointments were setup shortly after the initial application was sent. Communication was clear, punctual, and all employees were were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you experienced a hardship, and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Have you experience a conflict in the workplace, and if so--how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates in June 2007.

Interview

The first step was a basic phone interview. After a couple of weeks, I was invited to a client site for a series of 1:1 interviews. The final step consisted of another visit to a different site and interviews with members of leadership. The mistake I made was not having enough experience/knowledge of healthcare consulting, specifically, as opposed to consulting in general. They want candidates who are passionate not only about business consulting, but the healthcare industry. Other than that, the interviews went really well. The people are friendly and the questions are pretty generic. Come prepared with a lot of questions for your interviewees because you will talk to at least 5 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Stockamp over other healthcare consulting companies?   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates in November 2010.

Interview

The 2nd round interview consisted of two phases: technical interview, and case interview. You had to get there early to do a SQL and Math problem which was reviewed during the two interviews. Pretty intense, I've never seen that before.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember it exactly, but there was questions about Local Area Networks (networks in general), normalization (stay updated on what it is), and different experience with software.   Answer Question