Stoneriver Interview Questions

2.0

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stoneriver in June 2014.

Three interviews:

1. General questions from the HR for basic evaluation on how you communicate, your personality, and which is very important about the company. You really want to know about their businesses before talking to the HR. It is not hard to know what it is, cos their products are for insurance companies, who are trying their best to themselves heard. GEICO 30 mins..... I hate that AD.

2. Technical interviews on Agile, OO, REST, Multi-Threads, Javascript, database indexes, several SQL questions, and brain teases. Typical entry level questions for typical entry level jobs. You really want to do some research about those concepts, and prepare one to two examples for key features of them.

3. Talked to project manager, business unit manager. Some questions about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teases. You have 10M records(ID, Name), but can only process 1000 of them at one time. How you can get the ID containing the Name repeats the most?   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stoneriver.

Questions on SOLID principles and Test Driven Development

Sales Executive Interview

Multiple interviews but a waste of time. No matter what you do they are down sizing and will soon lock the doors.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stoneriver.

Not a good experience. Hiring process is kind of skewed. Interviewer seems to be tired and not willing to let the candidate think. Not willing to help the candidate fully understand his question.

Interview Questions

Not so innovative. Bad experience at the interview.

Verifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stoneriver in July 2011.

They'll make you wait with the receptionist for a few minutes, then two supervisors will pull you into a small office and just interview you. Ask you about previous experience, discuss the position, and talk about the company. After that they'll take you to a tenured agents desk and have you look at what they're doing. You'll watch them do their job and after that they'll bring you back in and make sure you think you can handle the position. Then they'll either offer the position or advise they'll contact you back.

No I was unable to negotiate. They have a set pay.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stoneriver in July 2010.

Applied for the job and received a call that day from the recruiter. Said I was perfect for the job and that I should hear back in the next day or so to schedule a 1:1. A week went by and I finally emailed and got no answer. A month later I received another call from the recruiter asking if I was still interested. I said sure and she scheduled the 1:1 with the hiring manager. 5 minutes into the interview I realized that the description of the job online was 100% different than the job he was hiring for. I interrupted, told him that, and we parted ways.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stoneriver in July 2008.

It was referal

Straight forward

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Stoneriver in January 2008.

I interviewed with the recruiter first for about 30 minutes. Then I did a face to face via video conference with the VP for 1 hour and finally a phone interview with another PM that was being Promoted to AVP for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Came to terms over the phone and then received a written offer that wasn't negotiable.

QA Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stoneriver in October 2007.

Process was very smooth. Started with initial resume submission via the Internet and I was contacted by phone to setup an interview in the office. I meet with HR and filled out some forms that gave them permission to do a background check and some basic info on myself. Then meet with Director of QA and Director of Development for the interview. We covered mainly technical experience and types of testing I had been involved with.

I would advise people to look for ask questions to see how knowledgeable your prospective employer is going to be. Nothing worse than not being able to explain what you are doing because you boss does not understand your job responsibilities.

See how well the interviews get along. If they don't like each other they may not like you either and you may be walking into a very hostile environment. I could tell the people interviewing me had a good report which made me feel I would be accepted if hired.

Look for indications the company values they employee and not just the bottom line. A small office does not always mean a company that is not making money it could mean they spend that extra on keeping they employee happy. The office I interviewed in was small and not very up to date, but there were free snacks and coffee and the interviewers were all excited about the upcoming holiday parties.

Interview Questions
    • How would you test the functionality of a drink machine?   View Answer
    • What are your worse character traits?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I asked for a dollar amount and they accepted it.

The advise I would offer is consider negotiation only if the offer is below your initial request. I am now a manager and I offered a position to a person at the rate they requested only to get a response that they wanted to negotiate for more. I came very close to resending the offer on the spot.

Keep in mind you are not the only one applying for the job. If your counter offer is too high and there were two of you at about the same level that may cause the potential employer to go with another candidate. If it pays you enough to make you happy to come to work for them then jump on it, being greedy is never a good way to start a business relationship. (And if you work hard a good company will reward you for it, and if it is a bad company no amount of money is worth the stress)

Counsel Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stoneriver in January 2011.

Nearly one hour after submitting my resume, a recruiter from StoneRiver contacted me to set up an interview. We had a 1 hour long phone interview discussing the position, StoneRiver, and company culture.