Stony Brook University

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.3

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stony Brook University.

The overall hiring and interview process was very positive; created relaxed atmosphere and promoted wanting input. Initial interview was with a panel and second interview with selecting official and superior.

very simple

Teaching Assistant/Stony Brook University Interview

I'm international student. The director came to China to make the interviews. The whole process is much easier than I thought, most of the questions are basic information, why you interested, etc.

Office Assistant Interview

Single interview,with the apartment living coordinator(ALC) at schomburg commons.. It lasted twenty minutes. Fairly simple questions,nothing too difficult. Mainly questioned regarding working hours. I found out about the job via an email and directly met the ALC to enquire about it.

E Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stony Brook University in June 2014.

I submitted my application and came highly recommended. The interviewer knew me and had worked with me on another project. He admitted I was a perfect match for the job and was convinced I would do very well then proceeded to tell me he would be spending a tremendous amount of money on his "clients" dinner and my salary would be $10/hr. Period.

Interview Questions
    There was little negotiation and he wouldn't budge.

Supervisor Interview

Not very lengthy, relatively straight forward. I worked at the university while I was a student so I'm not sure how useful my information is. I worked under the division of campus residences. They were organized well enough to function on a regular basis but problems arose on a fairly regular basis.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Just a few email back and forth

Senior Staff Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Committee members do the initial interviews for professional positions; and if considered a good fit, candidate will be asked to return for second interview to meet with the department head.

Salary levels are tied closely to market data and competitive. Limited negotiation unless a very senior level position.

Student Interview

applied and interview

none

Research Assistant Interview

just find a group which you are interested in and talk to the leader of the group. Better to have a good GPA and background knowledge. Passion for their work will be a plus.

Research Assistant Interview

You have to go through the admission process of the university. It is similar to the procedure followed by other universities. You submit your resume, all official transcripts, GRE scores and TOEFL scores if you need to, a personal statement indicating who you want to work with and why and have 3 professors send a recommendation letter for you to the university. This procedure should be done by mid december and you will get an answer around april.