Stony Brook University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.2

Desk Monitor RSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY).

Interview

Asked me general questions like why I choose to join RSP, my schedule and my GPA. The interview took about 15 minutes, in general they will not interview anyone they don't want to hire. So make it easy. RSP supervisors are also SBU students so they will be very kind to you. You will take a 1.5 hour long training to learn everything you need after you passed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I choose RSP as a part time job. What is my visa status.   Answer Question

Residence Hall Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

The interview process was easy.It was not that bad. I must admit that it was a little harder than I expected, but I came in well prepared, thus making it easier for me.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

I was a student at that time and I applied online. The interview was easy and the manager was very friendly. They asked very general questions and liked that I conveyed enthusiasm and eagerness to learn. I was offered the position that same evening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

The overall hiring and interview process was very positive; created relaxed atmosphere and promoted wanting input. Initial interview was with a panel and second interview with selecting official and superior.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very simple

Interview

I'm international student. The director came to China to make the interviews. The whole process is much easier than I thought, most of the questions are basic information, why you interested, etc.

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

Single interview,with the apartment living coordinator(ALC) at schomburg commons.. It lasted twenty minutes. Fairly simple questions,nothing too difficult. Mainly questioned regarding working hours. I found out about the job via an email and directly met the ALC to enquire about it.

Food Show Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred to this job by the producer of the food show and was asked to apply based on my broadcast experience. I then emailed my resume video clips to the FSA manager and was asked to come in for an interview. I then met with producer and FSA manager and answered questions on experience.

E Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application and came highly recommended. The interviewer knew me and had worked with me on another project. He admitted I was a perfect match for the job and was convinced I would do very well then proceeded to tell me he would be spending a tremendous amount of money on his "clients" dinner and my salary would be $10/hr. Period.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation and he wouldn't budge.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Not very lengthy, relatively straight forward. I worked at the university while I was a student so I'm not sure how useful my information is. I worked under the division of campus residences. They were organized well enough to function on a regular basis but problems arose on a fairly regular basis.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Just a few email back and forth