Stony Brook University

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stony Brook University in August 2013.

Interview Details – just some questions about image processing and MRI techology

Interviewed at Stony Brook University

Interview Details – just find a group which you are interested in and talk to the leader of the group. Better to have a good GPA and background knowledge. Passion for their work will be a plus.

Interview Question – why do you choose Stony Brook   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stony Brook University

Interview Details – You have to go through the admission process of the university. It is similar to the procedure followed by other universities. You submit your resume, all official transcripts, GRE scores and TOEFL scores if you need to, a personal statement indicating who you want to work with and why and have 3 professors send a recommendation letter for you to the university. This procedure should be done by mid december and you will get an answer around april.

Interview Question – no questions asked   Answer Question

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview Details – Applied through the professor I was working on a project for. Hiring was mainly based on my experience and background. I was lucky enough to have done a project similar to the one the job needed.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Stony Brook, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stony Brook University in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer will ask about previous work experience (or lack thereof).

Interview Question – Not really difficult, but if you haven't had many jobs in the past, be prepared to explain why.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stony Brook University in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was not a typical interview process. To get this job I had to be a graduate student at the university. I was already involved with my research group and asked to become a research assistant. After that the process took about a week for my adviser to getting grant funding cleared for my salary.

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stony Brook University in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed to see if I have required Mathematical and Computer Science skills for the job of a Research Assistant. A professor interviewed me under whom I was supposed to do research.

Interview Question – How well you have done in other courses ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary is fixed.

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stony Brook University in August 2008.

Interview Details – application and interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to come to Stony Brook   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for Stony Brook University? Contribute to the Community!