Stony Brook University Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

just find a group which you are interested in and talk to the leader of the group. Better to have a good GPA and background knowledge. Passion for their work will be a plus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stony Brook University

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

You have to go through the admission process of the university. It is similar to the procedure followed by other universities. You submit your resume, all official transcripts, GRE scores and TOEFL scores if you need to, a personal statement indicating who you want to work with and why and have 3 professors send a recommendation letter for you to the university. This procedure should be done by mid december and you will get an answer around april.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY).

Interview

Applied through the professor I was working on a project for. Hiring was mainly based on my experience and background. I was lucky enough to have done a project similar to the one the job needed.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

just some questions about image processing and MRI techology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

This was not a typical interview process. To get this job I had to be a graduate student at the university. I was already involved with my research group and asked to become a research assistant. After that the process took about a week for my adviser to getting grant funding cleared for my salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewer will ask about previous work experience (or lack thereof).

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult, but if you haven't had many jobs in the past, be prepared to explain why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed to see if I have required Mathematical and Computer Science skills for the job of a Research Assistant. A professor interviewed me under whom I was supposed to do research.

Interview Questions

• How well you have done in other courses ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is fixed.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stony Brook University in August 2008.

Interview

application and interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none