Stop & Shop Interview Questions in Boston, MA

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Gas Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

The hiring process was kind of iffy, although I imagine it isn't like this for everyone. I went to my first interview where I really didn't say anything, the assistant manager basically talked the whole time and I barely got a word in. He ended it by saying they'd call me back, although that didn't happen. I called after a few days but he was apparently unavailable. I kept calling but I never got him, I only spoke with him when I went shopping a week later where he just said I was not hired.

I reapplied a month later, and I got a more standard inteview process. I met with someone else, and she was pleased with me. She scheduled another interview later that day, the second interview was with my former department manager. I was called a few days later and hired to work part time.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask that many questions, certainly nothing extrordinary.   Answer Question
    No, the company is unionized so whatever you get is standardized for every employee.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Manager had me waiting for 2 hours prior to our scheduled time and never apologized for delay.

Interview Questions
    Don't work here its not worth minimum wage.

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2012.

Straight forward, very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Union, no negotiation. Min wage.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop in November 2010.

It can be somewhat difficult, you are better off if you know someone, but you can be one to apply and continuously go back and ask the management to have an interview, the interview was very basic, and I started soon after I got a call from them.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, just the basics about your life, and other jobs you had   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop in October 2010.

One Interview- Asked questions about reliability and experience
    was a one on one interview and also provided some insight on the training requirements and the pro's and con's of the experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2008.

Sat down and talked, nothing complicated.