Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.4

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview. They contacted me after filling out an online application a few weeks earlier. I was offered the job on the phone and just needed to go in to fill out the necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Lexington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an interview a few days after applying online. Interview was brief. I didn't get the job because I played a sport and Stop & Shop does not hire just for the summer. The manager also said there were rules about minors (I am 17) working a minimum of 15 hours a week not including Sundays and not being able to work after 9pm on weekdays, which I am not sure is actually true since lots of my friends work until midnight on weekdays and only once a week.

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (East Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick and simple. I had to give a quick recap of my previous retail job and explain a few hard situations I handled. I was bubbly and cheerful so they could see I was a people-person and I was guaranteed a job after the background check was finished. And once it was I was called in to sign the paper and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Cashiere Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

simple; applied on-line and followed-up in-person asking about status of application; got interview at that time and waited only a few more days before finding out I was hired. It was really that simple. There is nothing else to say about it but 30 words are required.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Stop and Shop?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2015.

Interview

It was simple The hiring manager asked me about my availability, why I left my last job and if I had any cashier experience. After answering those questions she asked me when I could start. That was it took no longer than 10 minutes from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get paid minimum wage and after 60 days get .25 raise.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Overall the interview process was simple. Had to fill out a basic questionnaire online. Called in to interview. I had little experience but I don't think it mattered. I was only looking for a temporary summer job and they were okay with that. I don't think they're that selective so if you can answer the questions and seem normal you should be okay.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I applied online. They gave me a call about a week or two later and scheduled an interview. I went in and spoke to the manager. He asked me why I want to work at stop & shop, tell me about yourself, when would I be available. Interview took less than 10 minutes. He then asked me to fill in some paperwork, and he said he'd call back to schedule a second interview which is basically so they can tell you that you got the job. He called back two days later and I went in and just filled in paperwork. Then started training and work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What times are you available? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Start off at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

It was longer to see the manager then the actual interview i walked in his office 3 simple questions . why would i like to work at stop and shop ? what do i consider good custumer service ? when am avail ?

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I filled out an application, they called me and scheduled an interview. It was a one-on-one interview in the managers office. The interviewer was very straight forward. Asked me questions and then moved on to what my duties would be.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.