Stop & Shop

Updated Dec 2, 2014

1.4

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

I filled out an application, they called me and scheduled an interview. It was a one-on-one interview in the managers office. The interviewer was very straight forward. Asked me questions and then moved on to what my duties would be.

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

apply online. got a call back. went in for interview. asked me my availability. If i had any other work experience. I got a call back the next day started two days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton Bays, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton Bays, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2014.

I applied online, and a few days later got a call to come in for an interview the next day. It wasn't exactly an interview though, because they just asked why I didn't go back to [previous employer] and hired me within 5 minutes of walking in the store. I already start next week. The only downside is minimum wage payment, but after 30 days your payment goes up by .25 an hour.

Interview Questions
    They said $8/hr which was standard so I didn't fight it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dix Hills, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dix Hills, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in March 2014.

I applied for this job online, and their system for doing this is not very good. It seemed to have been designed in the 1990's, they seem to have literally done nothing with it since then, and it didn't work very well either.

I got called and asked if I could come for an interview the next day (no phone interview). This was an extremely quick and basic interview with no surprises, and the manager said it was an initial interview to get a feel for the candidates and that she would call me back for a second one later in the week.

I got a call for a second interview 4 days later, and this was essentially just a job offer and filling out paperwork. However, the job offer I got was not for the position I applied for (which was a cashier position) because there were no openings for that position. The manager did say, however, that she would keep me in mind for that position once it opened.

I would have been fine with that alone, but they wanted me for more hours than I was willing to work (I'm a college student, and I wasn't prepared to give up a good chunk of my social life for a job that I was just getting for some extra money). I ended up declining the offer on those grounds, and I continued my search elsewhere. It was mostly my fault for not inquiring about hours in the first interview, but most employers also ask about that prior to hiring you.

Overall, it was not a bad experience by any means- the manager I interviewed with was pleasant, and she seemed to mostly understand. However, I walked away thinking that the process could have been a lot more organized.

Interview Questions

They didn't have an opening for the position I wanted, and they wanted me for too many hours to allow for a good balance between my work, school, and personal life.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Long time ago, I filled out an application online then a couple days later I went to the store and asked to see the hiring manager. They called her up and she set up a day I could come be interviewed.

no negotiation. everyone starts minimum wage and you have to be a part of the union.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Applied online, got called to come in and meet with Customer Service Manager. Took a personality test, and was hired on the spot.

None.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

thhey are organized. just make sure to keep calling

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

I applied online and I got a call the following day for an interview the next day. There really was no interview questions, they seem to hire through experience and/or availability. He just reviewed my resume and asked me to come in 2 days later for training. Training was on computer but not a very good personal training. You basically learn on your own apart form the computer.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't talked to about my pay but its minimum wage for every cashier weather you have experience or not