Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

1.4

Cashiere Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

simple; applied on-line and followed-up in-person asking about status of application; got interview at that time and waited only a few more days before finding out I was hired.

It was really that simple. There is nothing else to say about it but 30 words are required.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Stop and Shop?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2015.

Interview

It was simple
    The hiring manager asked me about my availability, why I left my last job and if I had any cashier experience.

After answering those questions she asked me when I could start. That was it took no longer than 10 minutes from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get paid minimum wage and after 60 days get .25 raise.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Overall the interview process was simple. Had to fill out a basic questionnaire online. Called in to interview. I had little experience but I don't think it mattered. I was only looking for a temporary summer job and they were okay with that. I don't think they're that selective so if you can answer the questions and seem normal you should be okay.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I applied online. They gave me a call about a week or two later and scheduled an interview. I went in and spoke to the manager. He asked me why I want to work at stop & shop, tell me about yourself, when would I be available. Interview took less than 10 minutes. He then asked me to fill in some paperwork, and he said he'd call back to schedule a second interview which is basically so they can tell you that you got the job. He called back two days later and I went in and just filled in paperwork. Then started training and work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What times are you available?
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Start off at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

It was longer to see the manager then the actual interview i walked in his office 3 simple questions . why would i like to work at stop and shop ? what do i consider good custumer service ? when am avail ?

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I filled out an application, they called me and scheduled an interview. It was a one-on-one interview in the managers office. The interviewer was very straight forward. Asked me questions and then moved on to what my duties would be.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

apply online. got a call back. went in for interview. asked me my availability. If i had any other work experience. I got a call back the next day started two days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton Bays, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Hampton Bays, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later got a call to come in for an interview the next day. It wasn't exactly an interview though, because they just asked why I didn't go back to [previous employer] and hired me within 5 minutes of walking in the store. I already start next week. The only downside is minimum wage payment, but after 30 days your payment goes up by .25 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said $8/hr which was standard so I didn't fight it.