Stop & Shop

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Applied online. Received a call and talked to the hiring manager. I had previous experience in deli so it was pretty cut and dry. I started the following week.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future.   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview lasted about 40 minutes where 30 minutes was based on yourself as a worker. Last 10 was for the manager to get to know you, to see what he can learn of you that's not on the job application. Questions based on why their company, what can you do, and more of your abilities to the position.

Interview Question – Why the company?   View Answer

Deli Clerk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional... Very quick and unorganized. My first job and I knew the interview was bogus.

Interview Question – Nothing odd or anything weird that comes to mind.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Manager had me waiting for 2 hours prior to our scheduled time and never apologized for delay.

Interview Question – When can you start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't work here its not worth minimum wage.

Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in November 2010.

Interview Details – It can be somewhat difficult, you are better off if you know someone, but you can be one to apply and continuously go back and ask the management to have an interview, the interview was very basic, and I started soon after I got a call from them.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions, just the basics about your life, and other jobs you had   Answer Question

Falmouth, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop in May 2012.

Interview Details – It's not that complicated,online hiring,especially for the summer ,they need help so it's the best time to be hired :) Nothing serious relating to the interview process

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Willimantic, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2009.

Interview Details – simple interview process. i was asked general retail position questions and asked about past experiences. No experience was required for the position. After a 45 min 1 on 1 interview i was told i would be contacted in 1-2 days.

Interview Question – what do you know about working in a grocery environment?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2010.

Interview Details – The day I was hired, another employee was vocal about how she was leaving that day making sure everyone knew stop and shop wasn't a place to stay very long. The HR manager was nice for the most part, checked my availability and I let her know I would work for any part of the store. I was told Deli was the department in dire need of people. Quick and painless, I signed a few contracts and was hired on spot.

Interview Question – What is your availability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room to negotiate, if you are going to negotiate stick to what you need and don't settle for less.

Deli Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview.The hiring manager talked about what I will be doing in my job. She asked about my availability and If I wanted to work weekends and holidays.

Dress nice, bring copies of your resume and try not to be nervous. Do not lie about anything during the interview. Keep a eye to eye contact at all times and try not to look around the room.

Interview Questions

Deli Clerk

The process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2010.

Interview Details – As soon as I met them they offered me a job. Always look for jobs at grocery stores at least a month before summer starts.

Interview Question – What hours do you prefer?   Answer Question

Worked for Stop & Shop? Contribute to the Community!