Stop & Shop Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

1.5

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Single interview process, dress appropriately. Typical questions regarding previous customer service experience. Focus on customer service as a personal job priority during the interview. Knowledge of fractions a must (it is surprising how many people are hired who struggle with basic fractions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as Stop and Shop is a Union shop.

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online. Received a call and talked to the hiring manager. I had previous experience in deli so it was pretty cut and dry. I started the following week.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Very unprofessional... Very quick and unorganized. My first job and I knew the interview was bogus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Weymouth, MA).

Interview

Manager had me waiting for 2 hours prior to our scheduled time and never apologized for delay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't work here its not worth minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Norwalk, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted about 40 minutes where 30 minutes was based on yourself as a worker. Last 10 was for the manager to get to know you, to see what he can learn of you that's not on the job application. Questions based on why their company, what can you do, and more of your abilities to the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Falmouth, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

It's not that complicated,online hiring,especially for the summer ,they need help so it's the best time to be hired :) Nothing serious relating to the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Framingham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very simple process, you don't need to even dress up really. Just don't look like you are on drugs or anything similar (there was no drug screen). For the most part, this will be the most lax job interview you ever experience. There is also a 50 or so question test, just make sure that your answers remain the same throughout the test, they are making sure you don't lie.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Beverly, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

It can be somewhat difficult, you are better off if you know someone, but you can be one to apply and continuously go back and ask the management to have an interview, the interview was very basic, and I started soon after I got a call from them.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, just the basics about your life, and other jobs you had   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willimantic, CT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Willimantic, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

simple interview process. i was asked general retail position questions and asked about past experiences. No experience was required for the position. After a 45 min 1 on 1 interview i was told i would be contacted in 1-2 days.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about working in a grocery environment?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview.The hiring manager talked about what I will be doing in my job. She asked about my availability and If I wanted to work weekends and holidays.

Dress nice, bring copies of your resume and try not to be nervous. Do not lie about anything during the interview. Keep a eye to eye contact at all times and try not to look around the room.