Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Lexington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an interview a few days after applying online. Interview was brief. I didn't get the job because I played a sport and Stop & Shop does not hire just for the summer. The manager also said there were rules about minors (I am 17) working a minimum of 15 hours a week not including Sundays and not being able to work after 9pm on weekdays, which I am not sure is actually true since lots of my friends work until midnight on weekdays and only once a week.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Quincy, MA).

Interview

In stages, very well prepared, comfortable. Interview was a panel of 3 individuals of whom you may or may not be working with. Each person had a series of questions to ask about current role and possible future role influence

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Interview

Looking for a night time job stocking shelves for a little extra cash. Work full time during the day but can't make ends meet. Would like maybe three days a week a couple hours a night. Thank you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (East Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick and simple. I had to give a quick recap of my previous retail job and explain a few hard situations I handled. I was bubbly and cheerful so they could see I was a people-person and I was guaranteed a job after the background check was finished. And once it was I was called in to sign the paper and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Director and Human Resource Manager. Interview was fair. Questions were geared more towards life experience. District Director seemed very invested in the position and wanted someone who was in it for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Night Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

First interview was with a Store Manager and a District Manager. Very standard questions; e.g., describe a situation where you dealt with somebody that was upset, etc. Second interview was with HR Director and Regional Manager. Some of the same questions, with more specific questions, like salary expectations, etc.

Overnight Grocery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Weymouth, MA).

Interview

I did their online application & got a call either the next day or only a couple days later, I forget now almost 4 years later. There were very few questions, none really, it was more of a "you're hired" than anything. I came in the following day to do the hiring paperwork, they sent me to have a drug test done & when the results came back I got my starting date.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift, pull, and whatever at least 50 pounds is maybe the only relevant question. It was not really a vigorous interview. I was told it was a hard job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job is union, there is really nothing to negotiate in the way of pay for this position.

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revere, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Revere, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Managers were very professional and honest about actual available shifts they needed to fill which helps a lot. I had more than a year of retail plus another four years of customer service experience through regular and contract based work.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cashiere Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

simple; applied on-line and followed-up in-person asking about status of application; got interview at that time and waited only a few more days before finding out I was hired. It was really that simple. There is nothing else to say about it but 30 words are required.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Stop and Shop?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2015.

Interview

It was simple The hiring manager asked me about my availability, why I left my last job and if I had any cashier experience. After answering those questions she asked me when I could start. That was it took no longer than 10 minutes from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get paid minimum wage and after 60 days get .25 raise.