Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview. They contacted me after filling out an online application a few weeks earlier. I was offered the job on the phone and just needed to go in to fill out the necessary paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Lexington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an interview a few days after applying online. Interview was brief. I didn't get the job because I played a sport and Stop & Shop does not hire just for the summer. The manager also said there were rules about minors (I am 17) working a minimum of 15 hours a week not including Sundays and not being able to work after 9pm on weekdays, which I am not sure is actually true since lots of my friends work until midnight on weekdays and only once a week.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Quincy, MA).

Interview

In stages, very well prepared, comfortable. Interview was a panel of 3 individuals of whom you may or may not be working with. Each person had a series of questions to ask about current role and possible future role influence

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Interview

Looking for a night time job stocking shelves for a little extra cash. Work full time during the day but can't make ends meet. Would like maybe three days a week a couple hours a night. Thank you

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (East Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick and simple. I had to give a quick recap of my previous retail job and explain a few hard situations I handled. I was bubbly and cheerful so they could see I was a people-person and I was guaranteed a job after the background check was finished. And once it was I was called in to sign the paper and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and went to the customer service desk and met up with the hiring manager. I was how I heard they were hiring (I answered I had a network of friends who worked at local stores) and they had asked me when I was available to work. She made it clear that the store hires based on need, and they would call me back in a few days if they were interest, which they didn't.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Director and Human Resource Manager. Interview was fair. Questions were geared more towards life experience. District Director seemed very invested in the position and wanted someone who was in it for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Overnight Grocery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Weymouth, MA).

Interview

I did their online application & got a call either the next day or only a couple days later, I forget now almost 4 years later. There were very few questions, none really, it was more of a "you're hired" than anything. I came in the following day to do the hiring paperwork, they sent me to have a drug test done & when the results came back I got my starting date.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift, pull, and whatever at least 50 pounds is maybe the only relevant question. It was not really a vigorous interview. I was told it was a hard job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job is union, there is really nothing to negotiate in the way of pay for this position.

Night Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

First interview was with a Store Manager and a District Manager. Very standard questions; e.g., describe a situation where you dealt with somebody that was upset, etc. Second interview was with HR Director and Regional Manager. Some of the same questions, with more specific questions, like salary expectations, etc.

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Revere, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Revere, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Managers were very professional and honest about actual available shifts they needed to fill which helps a lot. I had more than a year of retail plus another four years of customer service experience through regular and contract based work.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer