Stop & Shop

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

1.5

Facility Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2010.

They spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect person

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Conducted initial interview with myself the candidate and district HR manager. Next step was with regional manager and regional HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was referring to most complicated interaction(s) with a previous supervisor and how it was dealt with, and the end result.   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in October 2013.

Sent resume, got call back in 30 mins

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2013.

The interview lasted about 40 minutes where 30 minutes was based on yourself as a worker. Last 10 was for the manager to get to know you, to see what he can learn of you that's not on the job application. Questions based on why their company, what can you do, and more of your abilities to the position.

They Never Replied for My Resume Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2008.

I applied for Asst. manager position through my Store Manager But Never Recived any response .So no Idea Did they recived my request or not

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Saybrook, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Saybrook, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2012.

Was called two weeks after filling out online application.
    Interviewing Manager was very nice, friendly and informative.
    I was first asked to tell him about myself which I did. He asked why I chose their store, and why I wanted to be employed there.
    After speaking with me he called in the Cashier Supervisor to meet with me, she was extremely pleasant also.
    I was told they're interviewing many people and making a decision in the next couple of days. I may get called back for a second interview.
    Just have to say both the people I met with were wonderful. I'd love to work with/for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over all of the other applicants?   View Answer

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2010.

I dropped a resume off at a store where I was friendly with one of the managers. In about two weeks I was contacted by the HR department and was given the location date and time of the interview which was at one of their stores.

I was interviewed by two people. There was a representative from HR and a hiring manager. After completing a written application I was interviewed. The questions were basic. For example: Describe an experience where you had to deal with an employee's performance problem? What did you like best about your last position? What departments would you like to work in? What salary range are you looking for?

Overall everyone was friendly and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee that is always late but when on the job does 150%   View Answer

Inrenal Communication Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop in May 2009.

very good

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop in May 2014.

Applied online, and their system is in dire need of an upgrade. You can't go back to previous pages in the application, not even with your browser's back button. Only once the application is nearly finished can you review it. There is no option to save or continue later, so you'll need to start over if you get interrupted. And before you can begin, you're required to give your SSN. You're then asked broad and vague multiple choice questions that are like a psychological test. I answered as honestly as I could with the available choices.

I got a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. The first batch of questions were related to my availability, previous experience, and if I was legally allowed to work. The rest were rather outdated questions that never accurately judge someone's abilities. Nothing was mentioned about the company or the positions I applied for, save for how customer service is important.

While the hiring manager seemed friendly, she didn't take any notes or record my answers. I had some questions, but was only able to ask two of them. Why are these positions open? Is there a number I can call to follow up if need be? Her responses were long-winded, and barely answered my questions. She also implied following up wasn't a good idea, and that I should wait a couple weeks before calling the store. She ended the interview before I could ask anything else. Once I'd left the office and gotten out of sight, I heard her start yelling at an employee who'd come to ask her about something.

I think their hiring process could use some improvement. It's not terrible, but it's not great, either.

Clerk/Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop in October 2011.

It took 4 month's from the time I applied until I was called in for a interview. So be patient. The interview was one on one and not difficult. After you did a training exercise on the computer.

Interview Questions
    Jobs are hard to find in this era. Take it if offered. Even if it is for the benefit's alone.