Stop & Shop

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Quick 10 minute interview where I was simply asked which hours and days I could work.

Interview Question – There were no real questions of merit as it was a simple Q&A of work availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No the pay is minimum wage, even lower with union fees.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – I went through two interview process; The first one I applied online and they called me in, asked me a number of questions about cash-handling abilities, etc. I originally started out as a bagger, so it wasn't too in-depth or technical. They called me back in for another interview though it was more of a "ok, you got the job. Here's what you do now" type of thing.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Florist Clerk Interview

Florist Clerk

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Asked why you want to work at the department and some behavioral questions about how you would act during team settings

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed by front end manager and pharmacy manager

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle the privacy required for this position   Answer Question

Floral Clerk] Interview

Floral Clerk]

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – They asked me why I wanted a job. I said I needed money

Interview Question – There were none. Average Interveiw   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the going rate. They accepted.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Long time ago, I filled out an application online then a couple days later I went to the store and asked to see the hiring manager. They called her up and she set up a day I could come be interviewed.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. everyone starts minimum wage and you have to be a part of the union.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview and talked to the hiring manager for about 20 minutes. Most of the conversation was about what I was studying in school and what position I would enjoy (she said she had a cashier or bakery clerk position available). I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Just why do you want to work here etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was minimum wage.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Applied online. Received a call and talked to the hiring manager. I had previous experience in deli so it was pretty cut and dry. I started the following week.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Gas Station Manager Interview

Gas Station Manager
Stoneham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – The hiring process was kind of iffy, although I imagine it isn't like this for everyone. I went to my first interview where I really didn't say anything, the assistant manager basically talked the whole time and I barely got a word in. He ended it by saying they'd call me back, although that didn't happen. I called after a few days but he was apparently unavailable. I kept calling but I never got him, I only spoke with him when I went shopping a week later where he just said I was not hired.

I reapplied a month later, and I got a more standard inteview process. I met with someone else, and she was pleased with me. She scheduled another interview later that day, the second interview was with my former department manager. I was called a few days later and hired to work part time.

Interview Question – They didn't ask that many questions, certainly nothing extrordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, the company is unionized so whatever you get is standardized for every employee.

Very Easy Interview

Dairy Clerk Interview

Dairy Clerk
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. I was called for an interview within a week of applying online. They had just remodeled the store so the experience was comfortable for me. My interview took approximately 1hour, the store is always busy which is good thing< which always means more hours for employees. The person that interviewing wanted to make sure i was knew about the grocery business which i did, as i currently work at another major supermarket for about 12 years now, so i was well prepared. I met the store manager, my dept manager and another assistant store manager whom were very nice to talk to. I was treated with respect which is all what i could have asked for.

Interview Question – The most difficult question i was asked was if i knew how to operate the electric jacks/forklift   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary that was acceptable to the amount of work i would be doing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stop & Shop

Worked for Stop & Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stop & Shop interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stop & Shop employees and interview candidates.