Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.6

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Basically, they through my application that was submitted online. They asked questions to establish if I was a team player or not. Asked questions about my work history, my ethics and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Asked questions about understanding the chain of command especially if I had an issue with another associates inappropriate behavior. It was suggested that I made y availability as flexible as possible, with the understanding that I could later taIk to the grocery manager about scheduling my hours. I was offered the position the same day pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember, but I do remember them going though the psychological questions that are asked at the end of the online application   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revere, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Revere, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Managers were very professional and honest about actual available shifts they needed to fill which helps a lot. I had more than a year of retail plus another four years of customer service experience through regular and contract based work.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Lexington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an interview a few days after applying online. Interview was brief. I didn't get the job because I played a sport and Stop & Shop does not hire just for the summer. The manager also said there were rules about minors (I am 17) working a minimum of 15 hours a week not including Sundays and not being able to work after 9pm on weekdays, which I am not sure is actually true since lots of my friends work until midnight on weekdays and only once a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Malden, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Simple basic interview questions. Setting was relaxed in private office. Whole thing took less than an hour, and manager was very polite and answered any questions I had at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amityville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Amityville, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Most of the application process is online, then you are called for a in-person interview. As long as you have good availability and show a decent work ethic you will be hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Director and Human Resource Manager. Interview was fair. Questions were geared more towards life experience. District Director seemed very invested in the position and wanted someone who was in it for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Asked general questions and showed us a brief video pertaining to the job at hand. Followed up with basic questions about yourself and then shown us around the store and register to get an understanding of what day to day is like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (East Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick and simple. I had to give a quick recap of my previous retail job and explain a few hard situations I handled. I was bubbly and cheerful so they could see I was a people-person and I was guaranteed a job after the background check was finished. And once it was I was called in to sign the paper and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Quincy, MA).

Interview

In stages, very well prepared, comfortable. Interview was a panel of 3 individuals of whom you may or may not be working with. Each person had a series of questions to ask about current role and possible future role influence

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked my work experience and the most important answer is your availability. If you say total availability, you have better chances of getting in. Weekends there are a must. They are a serious business. They don't like employees who call out often. Its always a busy store and time flies fast when you work here.

Interview Questions

• What are your work hours? Can you work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 months probation, then you get in the union. They also have an increase after 3 months.