Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.6

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Apply online at stop and shop.com, go in store and ask to talk to a manager, will ask you about availability and that's about it, maybe about customer service, and will tell you to come in the next day (if you are being hired) to fill out paperwork; otherwise they will tell you to call later

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

It was longer to see the manager then the actual interview i walked in his office 3 simple questions . why would i like to work at stop and shop ? what do i consider good custumer service ? when am avail ?

Stock Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Took a few weeks to be contacted back. I had to keep calling in and reminding the hiring official that I was scheduled for an interview. I finally received a call back and than went in for a one on one meeting.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I filled out an application, they called me and scheduled an interview. It was a one-on-one interview in the managers office. The interviewer was very straight forward. Asked me questions and then moved on to what my duties would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

they called me up for an interview, and then i went and was hired on the spot. I think part of it was because they desperately needed someone. I was offered a position to do returns

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (Narragansett, RI) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from customer service manager within 15 minutes. Interviewed with hiring manager later that day lasted maybe 10 minutes he asked me very basic customer service questions- "Can you give me an example of how you would go above and beyond to help someone out?" We then went over what times I would be available to work. He said they had more interviews to conduct that day and they would call me tomorrow. The next day I received a call for a 2nd interview, at this one I basically gave them permission to preform a background check on me...again no offer just said they had more 2nd interviews to conduct. The next day they called and offered me the position, came in that same day to fill out paperwork and started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• None really considering I previously worked at a grocery store so I had plenty of customer service experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were willing to match my ending pay from the previous store I worked at.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

apply online. got a call back. went in for interview. asked me my availability. If i had any other work experience. I got a call back the next day started two days later.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked my work experience and the most important answer is your availability. If you say total availability, you have better chances of getting in. Weekends there are a must. They are a serious business. They don't like employees who call out often. Its always a busy store and time flies fast when you work here.

Interview Questions

• What are your work hours? Can you work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 months probation, then you get in the union. They also have an increase after 3 months.