Stop & Shop

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Hamden, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 step Orientation to introduce Store Policies; Safety Procedures; Cashier Testing.

Interview Question – This was a very simple orientation process (standard questions also testing) No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase for this min. wage job

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
East Killingly, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2012.

Interview Details – The person who hired me asked the basic questions like "what would you do if a customer was unsatisfied", or "how would you handle this situation." They asked me what hours I would be willing to work and if there were any restrictions I had. Basically they just went over basic job responsibilities.

Interview Question – There really weren't difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything, I took the job as is.

Part Time Customer Service Department Head Interview

Part Time Customer Service Department Head
Fairhaven, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Interviewed once hired immediately and knew my interviewer

Interview Question – Do you have transportation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None we are union work place

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk
West Babylon, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the company website online. I received a call from a hiring manager in regards to scheduling an interview. The interview was very brief and few questions were asked. He announced I was in fact hired that meeting and I started my training the following week. Overall I'd say it was a relatively simple and straightforward process. P.s All store clerks are required to start out as part-timers and you must work towards full time employment, should you desire to do so.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. The job in particular is offered on a "take it or leave it" basis..

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called to come in and meet with Customer Service Manager. Took a personality test, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Floral Clerk] Interview

Floral Clerk]

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – They asked me why I wanted a job. I said I needed money

Interview Question – There were none. Average Interveiw   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the going rate. They accepted.

Various Interview

Various
Hicksville, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stop & Shop in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was easy as pie. Was told what jobs were opened and had to speak about my past jobs

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Morris Plains, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in after repeatedly speaking with the front end manager. It took a while to schedule an interview, but after the brief interview, they hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview lasted about 40 minutes where 30 minutes was based on yourself as a worker. Last 10 was for the manager to get to know you, to see what he can learn of you that's not on the job application. Questions based on why their company, what can you do, and more of your abilities to the position.

Interview Question – Why the company?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention
Franklin Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent resume, got call back in 30 mins