Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

apply online. got a call back. went in for interview. asked me my availability. If i had any other work experience. I got a call back the next day started two days later.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked my work experience and the most important answer is your availability. If you say total availability, you have better chances of getting in. Weekends there are a must. They are a serious business. They don't like employees who call out often. Its always a busy store and time flies fast when you work here.

Interview Questions

• What are your work hours? Can you work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 months probation, then you get in the union. They also have an increase after 3 months.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2014.

Interview

Verry nice & simple . The process to a week in total. Just dress classy and have smile on your face and be polite . Nothing difficult or to be nervous about.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a call a week later to come in to meet the hiring manager. The "interview" was more like an informal chat, which was expected given the position I was applying for. Keep in mind I was in high school and looking for a part-time summer job just to stay busy. Apply early in the summer for the best chance since the number of applications skyrockets once schools get out.

Interview Questions

• The typical what's your background, where have you worked before, what's your motivation and availability to work. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

I decided to work elsewhere for the summer.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Single interview process, dress appropriately. Typical questions regarding previous customer service experience. Focus on customer service as a personal job priority during the interview. Knowledge of fractions a must (it is surprising how many people are hired who struggle with basic fractions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as Stop and Shop is a Union shop.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews were not very long. What was went over was any special skills and availability. Afterwards, there was a briefing of what the job asks of you and then you are told that you will be called back for anything else. I got a call back the same day saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you know about produce? Can you tell what is good or bad?   Answer Question

Gas Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Stoneham, MA).

Interview

The hiring process was kind of iffy, although I imagine it isn't like this for everyone. I went to my first interview where I really didn't say anything, the assistant manager basically talked the whole time and I barely got a word in. He ended it by saying they'd call me back, although that didn't happen. I called after a few days but he was apparently unavailable. I kept calling but I never got him, I only spoke with him when I went shopping a week later where he just said I was not hired. I reapplied a month later, and I got a more standard inteview process. I met with someone else, and she was pleased with me. She scheduled another interview later that day, the second interview was with my former department manager. I was called a few days later and hired to work part time.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask that many questions, certainly nothing extrordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, the company is unionized so whatever you get is standardized for every employee.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online. Received a call and talked to the hiring manager. I had previous experience in deli so it was pretty cut and dry. I started the following week.