Stop & Shop

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Morris Plains, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in after repeatedly speaking with the front end manager. It took a while to schedule an interview, but after the brief interview, they hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview lasted about 40 minutes where 30 minutes was based on yourself as a worker. Last 10 was for the manager to get to know you, to see what he can learn of you that's not on the job application. Questions based on why their company, what can you do, and more of your abilities to the position.

Interview Question – Why the company?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention
Franklin Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent resume, got call back in 30 mins

Interview Question – Not sure, the LP manger never showed up.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed by front end manager and pharmacy manager

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle the privacy required for this position   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional... Very quick and unorganized. My first job and I knew the interview was bogus.

Interview Question – Nothing odd or anything weird that comes to mind.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – thhey are organized. just make sure to keep calling

Florist Clerk Interview

Florist Clerk

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Asked why you want to work at the department and some behavioral questions about how you would act during team settings

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interview process, mostly behavioral questions

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call the following day for an interview the next day. There really was no interview questions, they seem to hire through experience and/or availability. He just reviewed my resume and asked me to come in 2 days later for training. Training was on computer but not a very good personal training. You basically learn on your own apart form the computer.

Interview Question – There was no interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't talked to about my pay but its minimum wage for every cashier weather you have experience or not

New Britain, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was hard to first get ahold of the hiring lady. MY advice is to definitely go in there a ton of times, not TOO many though! It's wise to do that. It makes it look as though you really want the job!

Okay so S&S called me to tell me when my interview was. I came in about seven minutes before the designated time, and went up to Customer Service. She called the hiring manger down.

If it takes more than 5 minutes to wait for her (mine took about ten) then pick up the closest magazine and start reading! It would make you look as though you're using your time wisely. And shake their hand when they approach you.

She then took me upstairs to the interview room. First started off, asking me to tell her about myself and why I wanted the job. Asked about my prior work experience and what tasks I performed there. Since I am under 18, she told me that my hours would be restricted and if I had any other commitments during the school year. Told me the dress code is a standard yellow shirt, no shorts or short skirts and closed-toe shoes.

Also make note that the Union will be taking money out of your paychecks. I believe she said it was about $75 the first couple of weeks. This goes for any food handler employee. After that she told me that this was only one of two interviews and if I was one of the few they chose, I am going to get another interview by the end of the week.

Interview Question – None, they were all necessary and understandable.   View Answer