Stop & Shop

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed by front end manager and pharmacy manager

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle the privacy required for this position   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional... Very quick and unorganized. My first job and I knew the interview was bogus.

Interview Question – Nothing odd or anything weird that comes to mind.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – thhey are organized. just make sure to keep calling

Florist Clerk Interview

Florist Clerk

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – Asked why you want to work at the department and some behavioral questions about how you would act during team settings

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interview process, mostly behavioral questions

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call the following day for an interview the next day. There really was no interview questions, they seem to hire through experience and/or availability. He just reviewed my resume and asked me to come in 2 days later for training. Training was on computer but not a very good personal training. You basically learn on your own apart form the computer.

Interview Question – There was no interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't talked to about my pay but its minimum wage for every cashier weather you have experience or not

New Britain, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stop & Shop in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was hard to first get ahold of the hiring lady. MY advice is to definitely go in there a ton of times, not TOO many though! It's wise to do that. It makes it look as though you really want the job!

Okay so S&S called me to tell me when my interview was. I came in about seven minutes before the designated time, and went up to Customer Service. She called the hiring manger down.

If it takes more than 5 minutes to wait for her (mine took about ten) then pick up the closest magazine and start reading! It would make you look as though you're using your time wisely. And shake their hand when they approach you.

She then took me upstairs to the interview room. First started off, asking me to tell her about myself and why I wanted the job. Asked about my prior work experience and what tasks I performed there. Since I am under 18, she told me that my hours would be restricted and if I had any other commitments during the school year. Told me the dress code is a standard yellow shirt, no shorts or short skirts and closed-toe shoes.

Also make note that the Union will be taking money out of your paychecks. I believe she said it was about $75 the first couple of weeks. This goes for any food handler employee. After that she told me that this was only one of two interviews and if I was one of the few they chose, I am going to get another interview by the end of the week.

Interview Question – None, they were all necessary and understandable.   View Answer

Interviewed at Stop & Shop

Interview Details – I went through two interview process; The first one I applied online and they called me in, asked me a number of questions about cash-handling abilities, etc. I originally started out as a bagger, so it wasn't too in-depth or technical. They called me back in for another interview though it was more of a "ok, you got the job. Here's what you do now" type of thing.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop in March 2013.

Interview Details – Simple process, as this would've been my first job. Received questions about my resume & volunteering experience.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very simple, such as my availability and questions about what I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed flexibility in my schedule.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview Details – Manager had me waiting for 2 hours prior to our scheduled time and never apologized for delay.

Interview Question – When can you start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't work here its not worth minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stop & Shop