Storm8

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Storm8 in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview and came to the office for an in person interview later that week when I was available. The overall process took 2-3 hours, you interview with 3 different people one at a time.

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the amounts offered, there was no negotiation.

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Storm8.

Interview Details – Had three phone calls: recruiter first (company information), then a production recruiter, then a manager in the respective department. Process for all three calls took about 3.5 weeks.

All calls were enjoyable and helpful. Phone interviews lack the ability to gage a potential employee on passion, adaptability and attitude, which means if you don't have the perfect answer for each question, you're out of luck. I found this practice very atypical for being in the industry for so many years.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a dispute between two members of a team?   Answer Question
  • How would you manage a team and ensure you meet deadlines?   Answer Question
  • If your game does not perform well in acquiring revenue, what steps would you take to create an action plan?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Storm8.

Interview Details – Very High bar, but High Quality company. Interview is not on past experience, but on what you SW knowledge you know or have retailed since school. Process is pretty standard and recruiter tries to prep you through it all, but overall, SW Team is hard to get through.

Interview Question – Harder than basic Alg. questions.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Associate Producer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Storm8.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through employee referral, and it took about 2.5 weeks for a recruiter to contact me via email. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later with a senior team member. The phone chat was pleasant; really more of a get-to-know-you, personality barometer conversation with some discussion about experience and career path expectations. I was offered an in-person interview at the end of the call, and the recruiter contacted me later to set it up.

The in-person interview was a few rounds; overall I met with 4 people from what would be my direct team, and then with the recruiter to discuss salary expectations and benefits after the other interviews were over. Interview questions mainly focused on how your previous experience relates to the position you're applying for, and getting a feel for how you would handle the day to day tasks of the position. There were also some situational and brainteaser questions posed.

Negotiation Details – Recruiters take into consideration what your stated desired salary is from the conversation at your in-person interview. When I received my offer, I actually was satisfied with the original proposal, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate, but I'm sure you probably could. It doesn't seem like there are set salary caps for positions, so it's best to be upfront about what you want during that salary conversation so that your recruiter can negotiate something you'll be happy with.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Storm8

Interview Details – Very unprofessional. Got an internal referral and the recruiter contacted me later saying I should finish something within 24 hours of the sending time first. The recruiter gave the "something" several hours later than the scheduled time so I didn't have enough time to finish a good report. I got the feedback from the hiring manager saying my analyzes was too simple. I knew that would be the case because I was really short of time. When I emailed the recruiter about his/her unprofessionalism, he or she said " you still have 24 hours". I didn't have to wait for them on a 24/7 basis and I am not responsible for the recruiter's unprofessionalism. I won't accept their apology and my advice is that never waste your time on such an arrogant company.

Business Development Interview

Business Development

I applied online and interviewed at Storm8.

Interview Details – Highly unprofessional. HR/Recruiter doesnt provide any feedback. Think theyre real hot stuff. Interviewed by 4 people...never ending situational questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviewed at Storm8

Interview Details – Submit resume online and get an online test, then have a phone interview with a engineer. After that, onsite in CA with 3 back-to-back interview. Interviews are based on the basic algorithms, need to master array, permutation and have very clear thoughts on the problems and your codes.

Interview Question – permutation with repeated number   Answer Question

Interviewed at Storm8

Interview Details – A headhunter got in touch with me regarding this company that I had never heard of. She forwarded my details to the recruiter who didn't like my profile but gave me a courtesy call and tried to sell this company to me like it was Google. She said I had a non technical background. Got the rejection through headhunter but never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Never even got a phone screen. I wonder why the recruiter even called.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Generalists (Multiple Positions) Interview

Software Engineer Generalists (Multiple Positions)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Storm8 in January 2013.

Interview Details – Worst interview experience ever. Their founders came from Facebook, and I believe their whole company think they are as good as Facebook.
The hr person was very impatient to my questions and the technical phone interview was the worst one ever. The one who interviewed me was yawning at all the time and I could hear he was typing and then he told me he was not listening to my answer. I don't know if he was working on something or was chatting maybe. And then he asked me to implement an algorithm. When I asked could I start coding, he said no, describe it first. When I described my solution, it turned out that he was not listening at all and was busy decorating his question in collabedit. He asked me to describe the solution orally twice before I could write anything. And I asked a question at last, it took him three times to finally understand what I was saying.
The second day their recruiter contact me saying since i was not able to find a working solution, they are not able to move forward. I never saw any recruiter wrote a email like this rude and I'm very sure the solution I gave was absolutely correct.
It just made me feel their whole company are jerks. Why you waste my time!

Interview Questions

• Hash table, two ways to solve collision, double hash, the optimal load factor   Answer Question
  • A sorted array of integers is rotated. Find the position of the minimum element in the rotated array.   View Answer

Engineering Lead Interview

Engineering Lead
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Storm8 in January 2013.

Interview Details – If not recommended by an internal employee, then there is usually an HR screen with basic CS 101 questions.

A phone interview consisting of a technical question.

Last, on-site interview. 4 interview's, 1 tech question each, and each interview will end, or begin with a brief chat about you to see if your a culture fit.

Note this was when I went through the process not sure if it has changed.

Interview Question – Typical CS interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Storm8? Contribute to the Community!