Stout Risius Ross, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Two on one interview. The two guys who interviewed me were very nice-- professional but not uptight. We started with my resume and from there went into DCF model and they asked me if I knew any other valuation methods (comps, quant, etc.) They gave me about 4 brain teasers/problem solving questions and then a worksheet with some cash flows and asked me to determine which company is valued higher. Definitely make sure to know the basics of valuation as well as review basic accounting and be ready for some critical thinking questions. Overall, I had a nice time and I would love to work here.

Interview Question – brain teasers   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had original phone screen with VP, who was roughly 30 years old and a pretty good guy. Went well, very down to earth, walk me through your resume, why SRR, etc, and was invited back to the Chicago HQ for a team interview.

Interviews were very basic, started off with a powerpoint presentation over the company, basically telling about the past and future of the company. Then had another conversation with same VP, very basic, another analyst, very basic, and the MD of the group, which was very basic, not technical at all, and almost just a simple "will I get along with you."

Was served lunch, they reimbursed for travel expense and parking, and overall experience was very good. After one week, was deemed a finalist for the position, but was not offered. Would definitely interview with again.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in corporate valuations/what do you know?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, In person Interview, Second Round Interview, Interview with MD

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stout Risius Ross, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stout Risius Ross, Inc. employees and interview candidates.